The Swordsmith Village

"Maa, otōsan

"Maa, otōsan. Can't you stay for a little bit longer?" A certain redhead whined.

The daughter and father stood under an almost bare sakura tree. The head Takahashi had been giving battle advice to the sad girl in front of him. Although his guidance fell on deaf ears as she was busy complaining about how early they were leaving.

"Akari, my love, you know I can't." Yoshizo denied, shaking his head.

"At least leave the kids then! They must be bored to death at home. Right? Right?"

"No, and that's final. You're a hashira, You have a duty to the demon slayer corps. Isn't it almost time for your patrol? Go then, my child."

"Oh come on! My family comes first!"  Akari argued. A/N: I should've used that line for the last chapter. She didn't want them to depart so fast.

 They had stayed for just a week! Way too short.                                                                                                                                       

"Akari!" Yoshizo warned. "Do not act so prematurely. Come see us out and then be on your way. Someones' life could've already been taken because of your childishness."

'The sun hadn't even set though.'

"Hai..." the girl mumbled as the daughter and father made their way to the rest of their family. Giyuu was waiting alongside them. 

Akari's mother gave her a sad smile as if she knew what the redhead had been saying to her husband. But she guessed everyone did, considering her wild gestures and loud voice. Akari knew when she had been defeated. The only thing was that her father always won their arguments. The only thing she had done against his better judgment was joining the slayer corps. It was one of the best and worst decisions she had ever made in her life.

She hugged her siblings and mother and waved them off. And after the family turned a corner, Ichiro steered his head back at her giving one last smile before the blob of red vanished once again. 

And as Akari thought of what she would get him when she came to visit, she didn't know that this would be the last time she ever saw them.  

**********

Akari really didn't want to go for patrol. She had a feeling nothing interesting was going to happen. 

And she was right.

And that was what grabbed her attention. Tsumago village usually had one or two demons lurking around here and there.

But as she patrolled the area assigned to her, She couldn't ignore the feeling that someone was watching her. But she didn't smell a demon anywhere nearby so what was this nagging feeling?