We'll Sleep When We're Dead

Vali POV

"Were you having trouble sleeping?" I look towards the staircase and see the nun coming down them.

"Yeah, I guess so." She comes towards me. "Your name is Asia, right?"

"Yes," she responds. Asia sits down at the kitchen table and I head over there with two glasses of water. "I never would have guessed that your mom and Y/N's were sisters."

"It isn't that farfetched. They are both humans after all, though the rest of my family being from the side of Lucifer threw away any chance I had at connecting with the human side of my family. Mom did her best for me, though I can't say I was the same to her. Anything I could have wanted she did her best to give me, even though she dealt with way too much on my behalf. At this point she doesn't have any memories of what happened, just that I'm her son. Sorry, I didn't mean to bog your mind down with all of that."

"No, it's okay." This girl's heart is gold from what I understand. Looking back on everything that's happened since I met everyone here I'm surprised that Asia even feels safe in the same room as me. "I don't know a lot about my family. I was left on the steps of a church when I was a baby and was raised by the church up until I was exiled for healing Diodora. The fallen angels had me come here and that's when I met Y/N and everyone else. My Sacred Gear got taken away but Rias was willing to reincarnate me for Y/N."

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that," I tell the blonde nun.

"Thanks, but I'm not worried about it anymore. I have a family now that would do anything for me and I couldn't be happier." I give her a warm look.

"Sometimes that's all you can ask for. I know that you all probably don't trust me right now, but hopefully that will change."

"You're being too hard on yourself," Asia interrupts me. "It's like Y/N said earlier, you're not a bad person. If you ask me anybody can be forgiven. If it wasn't for you and your friends we wouldn't have been able to get Y/N back in the first place. At that point you had no reason to help us, but you still did. No matter what everyone else thinks about you, I think that you can be a really good person Vali." I'm not sure what it is but this girl makes me feel calm. It makes sense why Y/N and Asia get along, it must be a dragon thing.

"Thank you Asia. I'm going to head off to bed now. Have a good night." As we head back upstairs Asia gets closer to me and once we reach my room she puts her arms around me.

"Goodnight Vali. Sleep well." She lets go and gives me a huge smile. She walks away and I can't help but feel really good after all of that happened. Even through what has happened with me attacking everyone back at the summit there's still someone who thinks I can do some good in this world.

Y/N POV

As I wake up the morning after what happened in the Dimensional Gap I don't feel like doing a damn thing, but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. Koneko starts stirring around and peeks out from under the covers.

"Good morning Y/N. Did you sleep well?" I put my hand on her head.

"It was fantastic. Thanks for taking care of me." She smiles and I put an arm around her, causing Rias to wake up, slowly followed by everybody else. We all start getting out of bed and heading down towards the kitchen. Once we get there Asia and Vali are sitting talking to each other, and I can't help but be happy to see that. "Look at you Vali." He looks my way and smirks.

"How you feeling after what happened?"

"Not that great, tired as hell." Akeno and Asia start making breakfast and I sit with Vali. "So what are you going to be doing while we're all at school?"