Mama Said Knock You Out

"Y/N!" Akeno comes into the bedroom and lays down on top of me. "I still can't believe you're leaving me for two whole days." The school trip to Kyoto for the second years is in a couple of days and since Ravel and I got home from our date Akeno has been all over me.

"It won't be too bad Akeno. Two days isn't a long time at all. I've slept longer than that." She shakes her head and starts running her hands around my body.

"You were still there though. I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep without you here." She lays down on top of me. I kept to my word and went on the date that I promised her during our faceoff with Diodora, and when it was near it's end I told her about what happened in the Dimensional Gap.

A Few Days Ago

"I had a really good time Y/N, I just hate that it has to end." We arrive at home but before we get off of the motorcycle I look at her.

"There's something I want to talk to you about, just the two of us." We go inside and head up to my room. "Listen, something happened in the Dimensional Gap, and I want to let you know about it. What I tell you I want you to keep to yourself." She already knows what Ravel knows, but I haven't gone into any detail about what happened next.

"Okay Y/N, I promise I will."

"Okay." I exhale before starting my story. "When I left my parents I ended up flying around, trying to find anything that I could deal with. I ended up coming towards Japan and I saw a shrine in the middle of the woods so I landed near there. When I did I saw somebody, well, two somebodies." I take Akeno's hands. "It was your mother, and you as a baby. She let me stay with you two and your dad while I was there, and even though I was only in there for a day out here it felt closer to a week there."

"Y/N."

"Hold on. I'm not sure why I ended up there, or what made me want to stop there. Even if it wasn't real there had to be a reason why, and I can't figure it out even now. We were eating dinner and there was noise in the woods, and I think it was members of your family coming after you and your parents. They looked similar to you, and I knew what they wanted as soon as I saw them." I stop to breathe. "I killed them, right in front of your parents. I felt like I had betrayed them. The Dimensional Gap made me feel remorse for betraying the trust of people that weren't even there. That happened right before you all found me because not long after is when Vali showed up. It's something that's been on my mind, and I felt like letting you know." Akeno puts her arms around me.

"Y/N." Her eyes start watering. "I think you have a point. There was a reason that it happened like that." Akeno looks away. "How were they?"

"They were the kindest people I've ever met. They gave me a place to rest and stay as long as I needed, and all of the things I felt were real, even if on the surface they weren't." I sigh. "I wish there was a way to bring her back. Of course she wouldn't know anything about me, but I know it would make you so happy if I could." Akeno stands and opens a transport circle. I join her and we appear in front of a grave, much like what happens when we go to see my dad's. The name on the stone is faded but still legible, Shuri Himejima.

"I haven't been here in awhile," Akeno begins. "I miss my mom every day, and even though I know that it isn't my dad's fault that things went the way they did, it still hurts knowing how things played out." I put an arm around Akeno and she holds me. "When Rias found me one of the conditions that was made with my family was that I would never re-enter their territory, and while I'll abide by that it still kills me that I was exiled purely for being a fallen angel. You accepted that part of me faster than anybody else Y/N, and I'll never be able to forget that." She looks into my eyes. "I don't care how your relationships with the others end up, I'm going to be with you forever." I give her a smile in response. She turns back towards the grave, kneeling down to it like how I do with my dad's.