Everything

Once arriving at home I immediately felt tired. The fight with Irina took more out of me than I expected. I went to sit on the couch and Akeno sat next to me and leaned her head against me, putting her arm around me at the same time.

"Are you okay baby?" Such a simple question with a not so simple answer.

"I don't know Akeno. I'm thinking about Kiba. I'm going to do my best to talk him into working with the church girls and me." I'm not sure where he went, but I can only hope he's okay.

"I'll make you some tea, maybe that'll help." She stands up and Ravel comes and joins me.

"I want to help you," she tells me.

"Excuse me?"

"I want to help you get Kiba back. You care about him a lot. He's really sweet so I understand why. Let me help you master." I take a long moment to think about what she is asking of me. Am I going to allow someone who has just recently begun training to fight to enter combat against holy swords?

"No," is all I reply. Ravel looks at me angrily.

"Why not?" She comes up and sits on my lap. "I'm not the useless little girl who can't defend herself anymore. I'm a proud member of the house of Phenex and your proud student. Why can't I Y/N? Don't you want to see how far I've come?" I put my arm around her.

"Of course I do. But this isn't a stray devil we're going after. These are dangerous people who can destroy us without thought. Think about it Ravel, Rias didn't even want me doing this. There's more at stake here." Her expression drops and she lays against me. Akeno comes in with three glasses of tea and sits next to us.

"I think you should take her Y/N."

"Why?" I'm surprised by the words I've just heard.

"She's a big girl Y/N. If she wants to help you as her master you should allow her to prove herself." Ravel gives me an 'I told you so' look and I roll my eyes.

"Fine, if you want to. Just know what you're getting into." Her face lights up and she hugs me.

"I'm going too," I hear from behind me. I jump and turn around to see Koneko. "I'm worried about Kiba just as much as you are. I would be sad if he didn't come back." I realize I would be outnumbered if I said no so I dance around her words.

"Have you asked Rias? She's your master, not me. Ravel is my student so it's different."

"You worry too much." I see Rias coming down the stairs to join all of us. "I already told her she could but I said she had to ask you. You're the one going to fight them anyway." Koneko looks at me again and I nod to her. The two join us and then there's a knock on the door.

"Who the hell is that," I wonder. I put my hand behind my back and summon Ddraig, not knowing what I'm going to see. I open the door and to mine and everyone else's surprise I see Irina and Xenovia. I put Ddraig away. "What are you two doing here so late?" Irina speaks up.

"I know it's super late, but we were wondering if you guys could feed us." I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"I'll be back later. I'm going to get these two something to eat." The girls all shake their heads and laugh and I join the church duo in the night.

"Sorry to trouble you Red Dragon Emperor," Xenovia says, "but this one decided to use all of our money on a fake painting, so the two of us are hungry." I look at Irina.

"Hey, that painting has an honest to goodness holy person in it! The exhibitionist said so himself, and why would he lie?" I laugh and shake my head.