chapter 29

-
kairis leg was shaking out of pure anxiousness, he was at the mall waiting for the girl, emily. he wasn't nervous about her, he was mostly nervous about what mattia said.

"you're mine" keeps on replaying in his small brain. it made him crack a chuckle until he heard a voice.

"whatcha laughing at?" he looks up and sees a girl with sliver/blonde hair, white tang top with a flannel and jeans with converse.

"oh, nothing...uh hi!" kairi gets up and hugs her, she instantly hugs back with a huge smile on her face and they started walking to a target.
-
mattia was home, his eyes staring at the clock for hours, waiting for a text from kairi, or at least anybody. he was so bored, so lonely.

the clock strikes 8:21 pm, mattia flips over and pulls his blanket up to his chest, cuddling it.

he was honestly mad, jealous even. he wanted kairi all to himself, that's all he wanted was for him to be here. with him. mattia moved his arm a bit and felt his bandages rip a tiny bit. it reminded him of how kairi took care of him through everything. he took care of him when he got punched, his whole father situation, and him seeing mattia in his dark moments.

mattia cherished those times, he never had someone be there and take his demons (somewhat) away. he smiled to himself as he checks his phone:

8:35 pm.
no notifications.

he threw his phone somewhere on the bed, frustration hit him right after. he tossed and turned, feeling the burning sensation of his angry emotions take over.

he ripped his sheets off and got out of bed, putting his vans on and walking out the door.

-* 2 hours later *

"-and he seriously got punched in the face by him?"emily laughed, kairi soon chuckling after with regret.

"yeah, but i helped him and now he's better." kairi smiles as they both walked into the dollar store, forgetting that leilani works there.

"oh hey!" kairi turns around and sees leilani, his face turning pale.

"oh h-hey! uh, leilani..this is uh-emily! my uh-"

"-girlfriend." kairi looks at emily and she has a smirk on her face.

leilani cocks her head to the side in confusion, kairi stutters, "yeah uh- my girlfriend!"

"hmm, hi emily." leilani fakes a smile at her, "well anyways, i saw mattia the other day while i was walking my dog. he seemed a little off, was he walking to you?" she asks nonchalantly.

kairi gives leilani a death stare, she knew what she was doing.

"uh, yeah! we were playing fifa with the boys, nothing out of the loom." kairi lies right on the spot and leilani knew that he was. she just scoff it off as she's putting name tags on the shelf.

"good good, love to hear it."

emily looks at her up and down, "uh what are you doing?"

leilani looks at back at emily, coldly.
"honey, i'm not trying to take your uh, 'mans' here," she put in air quotes, "i'm very much gay. thank you very much!" she deadpans.

leilani picks up a name tag and smirks, "oh look! your names on a tag, seems pretty basic to me. don't you think?"

emily scoffed it off and took kairis arm, "let's go babe, this bitch is annoying me."