chapter 31

-

"my god this actually fucking sucks!" mattia yells out, startling alejandro & alvaro. mattia explained to his two friends the whole situation.

alejandro sighs, "we all know that kairis got no backbone. so he's probably just with her cause he can't say no to anything."

"yeah!" alvaro agrees, "don't be sad about it."

mattia leans back in his computer chair and rubbed his eyes, he's been up all night ever since the encounter at the park..which was 3 days ago.

his eyes were bloodshot, hairs a mess, wore the same sweatshirt..he was a genuine mess.

alejandro checks his phone and jumps off the bed, "fuck, we got roberts birthday in like an 2 hours," he turns to mattia and points, "you're fucking going. get your ass up, shower and i'll pick you up at 8." he grabs alvaros hand and runs out the door.

mattia didn't even respond, he even forgot about roberts dinner. he knew that kairi was going as well and he really didn't wanna face him at all, as stated...he hasn't seen him in 3 days.

he decided to get up and get in the shower and throw on whatever was nice in his closet.

7:56 pm *tw* i love u
mattia picked out black jeans, a dark blue button up and some nikes. he freshened himself up in the mirror then looked down at his arms.

the scars were not as visible anymore, but everytime he looked at it, it reminded him of kairi. helping him, wrapping the bandages, cleaning the floors.

that's what made mattia fall in love with kairi even more; he cared more about him than himself. he didn't have the courage to care about himself that night. if kairi wasn't around, he would've stayed on that floor and let himself bleed out. he didn't give a single fuck.

you can call mattia selfish, i mean..he was. he was gonna leave earth without a goodbye and have his mother or his 13 year old brother find him by the his blood creeping under the door to the wooden floors in the hallway of his own room.

he didn't give a shit.

but kairi did.

mattia heard a car beep and that signaled him to leave the house. he sighed one more time and opened his door to leave.
-

alejandro parked in a spot close to the restaurant, "is everybody ready?"
alvaro nodded and mattia shrugged as an answer.

"okay, let's get ready to go- oh fuck." alejandro quickly turns his head to mattia, "mattia. listen to me-"

mattia looks up, "what?" he looks slightly to his left and sees kairi...with emily.

holding hands.

the two boyfriends saw mattias eyes changed into hatred, they were scared.

'i want to kill her.' he thought
mattia shrugged again, "let's go." he opened his door along with the others and started to walk in with his two best friends.

robert spots the three boys and gives them a dap and a hug.

robert hugs mattia, "i'm sorry man it was last minute." he whispered in his ear. mattia didn't respond and only let go with a smile and sat next to alejandro.
-
8:45 pm
during the night, the tension was felt deeply, you can easily cut it with a knife. the boys knew the whole situation and the person that caused it was there. [emily]

while the food was out and everyone was eating,

mattia could not stop staring at kairi, it was bad. and kairi tried to not look back, but there was this one time that kairi gave up and started to stare back.