chapter 30

"how did you get home the other day?" emily asked while fixing her french braids. kairi invited emily over just to chill out for awhile, they were going to see a movie later together anyway.

"uh- my mom..she was at the mall looking around anyway and i happen to see her before i uh...called my ride." kairi replied, swallowing all his lies down his throat. emily nodded with her lip pouted as she proceeded to knot her braids up.

while watching emily braid her other side, kairi pondered about last night. he couldn't stop thinking about the way mattia made him feel, but he needed to stop. kairi knew he deserved better, but he deserves mattia.

"that leilani chick..she really gay?"
kairi rolled his eyes in annoyance, "yes em. don't be so-"

"-so what?" emily turned around in kairis seat..her eyes darting to kairis eyes.

"uh...judge mental? she was my friend before you came into my life!" kairi defended himself with his hands up. emily rolled her eyes in a reply and tied her hair,
"whatever, you're mine anyway."

"yeah about that...when did we make it official?" kairi asking softly, closing his eyes just incase she screamed her answer.

"hellooo? the other day at the mall? i told you over snap, i'm very straightforward." emily looked at kairi through the mirror as she dabbed her eyes up with eyeshadow. kairi shrugged in return. he honestly did not know what to say to that,

her being a bitch + him being non-confrontational = no relationship.

the doorbell rang and kairi jumped a bit, "i'll go get that..b-babe. just wait here."

*earlier

mattia stayed awake the whole night, on his back, watching the ceiling as if his brain is projecting his thoughts on the blank wall on top of him.

he seriously cannot stop thinking about kairi. he wanted to scream about how much he wanted him, but it was only lust.
mattia didn't want him just for...that. he wanted the love, he never experienced love, or any type of romantic satisfaction besides platonic, from his friends no less.

he needed to talk to him.
*present

emily nodded as kairi darted down the stairs.
he opened the door to mattia. again.

"mattia you cant-"

"i know she's here."

kairi looked to the side for an answer, "okay? so what's up?"

"we need to talk about last night." mattia whispered. kairi suddenly remembering and blinked the thought of it away.

"we cant here! you know that." kairi whispered back, "meet at the park at 10 pm?" mattia nodded and walked off with his hands in his pockets.

kairi shook his head in guilt, he really was in a tough situation. he has a psycho for a 'girlfriend' and a best friend for a potential lover. he really didn't know what to do.

he wanted mattia as a friend because he couldn't bare to lose his best friend if they were anything.

kairi walked back upstairs and started to cuddle emily, his chest started to tighten with even more guilt than before.

what the fuck was he doing?
-
9:30 pm.

kairi was early, as usual. i mean..he did live right around the corner from it, he also wanted some time to think about what to say.
every time kairi thought, it just became blank. he put his hands on his face and started to breathe heavily.