Chapter 22: The Stronghold (Part 3)

TnTina watched hopelessly as Skye and her mother disappeared right before her eyes.
"Skye!" Ollie shouted, and ran to the empty cell.
TnTina turned around towards the faces behind her, which were all grim and shocked. Meowscles clutched a sobbing Kit to his chest.
"She'll be OK," TnTina stroked Kit's head, but she knew that she was lying to herself, and the look on Meowscles' face told her that he knew it.
"We have to get out of here," Maya shook her head.
"We can't just leave! She might come back!" TnTina shouted.
"We'll wait," Ollie nodded to TnTina.
"Yeah."
Maya, Deadpool and Meowscles exchanged looks. Then Deadpool nodded.
"Don't be long," he said, and walked out.
Without another word, the others followed quickly. Ollie and TnTina were shocked, although that was what they wanted.
The two of them stood in silence for about 10 seconds, then TnTina had a thought.
"Did you bring my Kaboom Bow?" she asked.
"Oh. Sorry, we forgot."
TnTina went over to the dead henchmen Skye had shocked earlier and picked up one of the vacant Suppressed ARs. She then gathered some ammo and another AR.
"You want one?" TnTina wondered.
"Sure," Ollie shrugged.
She tossed it to him and he caught it idly.
"Thanks," he nodded.
"No problem," she replied.
Then, out of nowhere, the alarm sounded.
"They caught us!" TnTina shouted.
"No way. They must have caught the others," Ollie shook his head.
"We gotta go and help them!"
"We can't leave Skye."
They both looked at each other.
"There is another option," Ollie thought.
"What?"
"We have to tell Midas."
"What? I thought he knew."
"Well, not exactly."
"Why didn't you tell him?"
"Because he wouldn't let us go. Me, Skye, Deadpool, Maya and Meowscles agreed to go here to bust you out."
"Why's Kit here then?"
"He... stowed away."
"What?!"
"I know, I know."
All the while, the alarm blared out of the speakers, making Ollie and TnTina go partially deaf.
"We have to save them. And we can't do it on our own," TnTina sighed.
Ollie nodded, then pulled out his phone and dialed Midas' number.

Midas was walking casually to his office. He had finished all of his work so that he and Jules could do their final workings on The Device.
When he turned a corner, though, he almost ran smack into Brutus.
"Gah! Brutus, you scared the life out of me!" Midas grumbled.
"I'm sorry. Have you seen Skye or Ollie today? I've been looking everyvhere for them," Brutus apologized.
"Funny you should say that. I haven't seen Meowscles, Kit or Maya today either. Oh, and Deadpool too."
"Vhat do you think is going on?"
"Knowing them, they're on one of Skye's 'adventures.'"
"Are you sure, though? It's not like them to just... disappear. Don't you think they vould have told us vhere they vere going?"
"You make a good argument."
"Oh no."
"What?!"
"Do you think that they vent to get TnTina?"
"No. No, they couldn't have."
But Midas wasn't convincing himself. It all added up. That was exactly what they were doing.
"Oh my God! You're right!" Midas cried.
Brutus took off his shades for once, and Midas could see his fear in his dark brown eyes. Perhaps that's why he wears them, Midas thought. Showing fear is not something to do as Head of the Henchmen Department.
Just as Midas and Brutus began to lose themselves to their thoughts, Midas' phone rang. The vibrations made them both flinch, and Midas almost dropped his phone as he was taking it from his pocket.
It was from Ollie.
Midas ran the rest of the way to his office and locked himself in, whilst Brutus waited outside.
That was when a black gloved hand tapped Brutus on the shoulder.
"Boss?" Joe said from behind him.
It's just Joe, Brutus told himself, but his stomach was in knots. He couldn't get his head around why he was so stressed.
"Yes, Joe?" Brutus shook his head.
"What's... going on...?"
"Midas is just having a call with Ollie. You know, Skye's friend."
"I know who Ollie is. Midas looks pretty mad."
"It's just that Skye, Ollie, Maya, Meowscles, Kit and Deadpool vent on a mission to bust TnTina out of Shadow's custody vithout telling us first."
"Skye? Is she OK?"
As if on cue, Midas burst out of his office.
"Vhat's happening?"
"They have TnTina, and Maya, Meowscles and Deadpool are securing an escape. But there's one problem."
"What's that?" Brutus and Joe said in unison.
"They have Skye."