One Last Moment

___________________________

Season 3 spoilers

Mikasa looked at you, her face full of worry. "(Y/n), eat up." Mikasa said as she pushes your plate closer to you.

You gave Mikasa a sad smile. "No thank you, I'm not hungry." You tell her. "At least one bite. We're gonna retake wall Maria tomorrow, don't expect yourself to have all the strength you need for tomorrow if you haven't eaten." Mikasa said, picking up a loaf of bread from your plate.

"Eat this." She says as she shoves the bread into your mouth. You held the bread as you took one bite. "I appreciate your concern but-" "It's fine, and swallow the bread. You need food." She said and you smiled. "I'm sorry." You muttered very quietly.

"Did you say something?" Mikasa asked. "No." You reply, giving her one last smile before taking another bite from the bread.

Mikasa watched as her face was full of sympathy. "(Y/n), are you okay?" Mikasa asked. "I'm fine. I just don't feel like eating much." You said, keeping up a smile.

She nodded. "I'll go to Eren and check on him. Do you want me to get you meat? Since here is over there." She said. "No thank you. I'm good with bread." You say. Mikasa nods and walks away, leaving you behind.

_________________

"(Y/n)! Don't follow him!" Mikasa yelled. You turned around to look at Mikasa. You landed on a roof and stood there. She went to you and held your hands. "Bertholdt might transform anytime soon, it's not safe to follow him now," Mikasa says.

"But while he's still in his human form, we can easily attack him." You reply. You turn your head to see Bertholdt flying up high. Mikasa gripped your head. "Now's not the right time! We have to go!" Mikasa yelled.

As soon as you saw the lighting from Bertholdt's body, you pushed Mikasa far away. "Mikasa!" You yelled.

Mikasa flew away from it, but at the same time, she wanted to save you. But she knew it was too late. You were caught in the massive explosion to not be saved.

"Where's (Y/n)?" Jean asked as he stood on Eren's titan's shoulder. Mikasa looked away, preventing herself from tearing up. "She got caught in the explosion." She said.

The rest looked at Mikasa, shocked. "She's dead." She says bluntly. The others took a deep breath to compose themselves.

Mikasa places a hand on Armin's shoulder. "Armin, you're in command now. We will do what you will say." Mikasa says as Armin looks at her with a shocked expression.

*

Mikasa got off from Eren's titan and searched for you. She then sees you, but you were not the same. Your lower body was gone.

"(Y/n), you should've listened to me." She mutters. She goes to you and places your head on her hands.

"I appreciate your concern but-" "It's fine, and swallow the bread. You need food." She said and you smiled. "I'm sorry." You muttered very quietly.

"Did you say something?" Mikasa asked. "No." You reply, giving her one last smile before taking another bite from the bread.

"Why, (Y/n)?" She asked quietly after she thought. "Why did you say 'sorry'?" She asked again. "The world is very cruel." She whispered before letting you go and standing up.

"I have to leave you and continue my mission to retake wall Maria. Bye." She said and flew away to go to Eren.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the one you wanted.

I couldn't really think of anything else so I hope you liked it.