Only You

Mikasa x Dead! Fem! Reader

Mikasa sat on the grass, her back leaned against your grave, her hand holding her scarf up to her nose.

She looked above her, the gray skies, and closed her eyes. All the memories of you and her passed by her mind, making tears form in her eyes.

Not now. Mikasa thought. Her lips were sealed closed, her hand resting on the grass with her thighs up to her chest.

She wanted to stay there, with you, by your grave. "I'm sorry." She mumbled under her breath. "I wasn't there to save you." She whispered, her eyes kept closed.

Jean, Connie, and Sasha's voices could be heard, but Mikasa ignored them, too busy to even listen. She kept on thinking about you as regret fills her in.

When that time she witnessed you getting shot and saw you fall to the ground with tears in your eyes, your raspy voice calling for help.

As she came to you and told you everything was gonna be fine as the others tried to help your injury, your life was slowly fading away before her eyes.

It hurt her more than it hurt anyone. She loved you more than her life and never expected you to die, knowing you were strong enough to defend yourself and she was always there for you.

Now that your presence isn't with her, she felt incomplete, just like what she feels when Eren almost gets killed, but she didn't want to mind him for now.

You're the only one who she's thinking of, no one else. Your death was enough to almost crush her soul.

That time when you and Mikasa trained together, and when you and her would lay on the grass as you and her would talk about random things.

Every moment that included you in it was special to Mikasa, even if it was just a second. She loved you just like how she loved Eren. You were the most special person in her life.

Mikasa opened her eyes, seeing Sasha approach her. "Come on Mikasa, let's go now. We can go back tomorrow." Sasha said, reaching her hand to her.

Mikasa nodded and took her hand and stood up. She looked at your grave and felt her eyes stinging once again, tears filling up her vision.

I'll never forget you. Mikasa thought, walking away from your grave, following Sasha and the others. I will always love you, and only you.

(A/N: None of the characters here are minors.)