Chapter 22

Disclaimer:

- this - means thoughts

this means other half talking in head

"this" means normal talking

James's P.O.V.

I inhale deeply as I wrap my arms tightly around Severus's waist, letting his scent wash over me, submerging me until I'm drowning in it and all I can think is Severus, Severus, Severus. I feel my heart rate start to decrease by the second, the blood rushing in my ears quietens, and my muscles relax. Even after I calm down, my head is pounding and I realise it's you. You're practically screaming in my head, bouncing off the walls of my school, your emotions completely smothering mine.

He's perfect he's perfect he's perfect I love him I love him I love him my mate my sub my mate my sub my mate my sub, over and over again. And, of course, you're right. I've always had a temper. It got worse since my inheritance. I've never found anyone who can calm me down, especially when I'm that angry. I genuinely could have killed him. Would have, if Severus hadn't stopped me. Fuck, I love him.

"Thank you, mate mine," I murmur into his ear, and feel him shudder as my breath ghosts the side of his neck.

"For- for what?"

"I would've hurt him. I didn't - I don't - want to hurt people, but when they say things like that I just can't stop myself. But you did. So thank you, mate mine." I feel his body go lax against mine, and I love that just my words can have that effect on him, that his body trusts mine enough to hold him up.

I sit back down, pulling him with me so he's on my lap. His face is still buried in my neck, so I feel the heat of his blush against my skin at the stares. It doesn't mean I let him go. I don't care if we're being gawked at. Let them know he's mine.

Good - there should be no doubt. If anyone does, I'll kill them.

"What are you hungry for, sweetheart?"

"Pick for me?"

I love him, he's perfect, Merlin-

"'Course. Anything you can't eat? Or don't like?"

"Whatever you want."

"Sevy. I'm your mate. Don't you think I should know what kind of food you like? I'm honoured you want me to pick for you, but I want to give you everything you want. How can I do that if I don't know what it is?" He takes his face out of my neck to look at me, and the look in his eyes grips onto my heart and tugs, and I just know that I'm never getting it back. I don't mind.

"I, um, I like sweet things. Like fruit and chocolate."

"See, was that so hard?" He shakes his head, smiling softly at me, and I can't help but return it, not caring about how cheesy it must look from the outside. I find that the only person whose opinion I care about now is Severus's.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We have potions together first, which is good because I'm not nearly ready to part from him yet. Normally we sit across the room from each other, but Lily is already sitting in a different seat to leave the one beside him empty for me. I send a nod her way in thanks, before leading Severus to the workbench by the hand.

When Slughorn enters he looks at us confused, but seemingly decides that it's not worth it. Or maybe its because I glare at him as soon as he lays judgemental eyes on my mate.

Should've killed him.

-Axel. No murdering, okay?-

Oh, so I shouldn't have killed that chimaera?