Chapter 6

Disclaimer:

- this - means thoughts

this means creature talking in head

"this" means normal talking

James's P.O.V.

I appreciate the effort they put into this seminar, really, but I could be doing literally anything else (like seeing my mate again in a mate dream), because I already know all of this stuff, probably even more. However, it is interesting to see who has an inheritance, so I pay attention to that.

They call people up by creature. There are a few elves, one of each sub type. I try to catch the subs' eyes, but they're both looking at their feet. They continue to call up creatures: vampires, lamia, werewolves, even incubi and succubi. The rest of the subs they had called up refuse to look anywhere but the ground, avoiding looking up, probably due to embarassment. I know I wouldn't like it either.

I'm the only student that goes up when they call for kitsunes, but to be fair, they are rare to come by. It still puts me on edge, though. I personally don't like being paraded around for the rest of the audience to gawk at. When in front of the room, the speaker points out my distinguishing features, although it comes down to behavior and abilities rather than appearance. The woman then asks if I'm comfortable with showing off my ears and tails. 

I sigh. -Axel, if I give you control, you're not allowed to hurt anyone. Just deal with it, and it'll be over faster. Plus, we'll have less annoying questions later.-

Fine. But I can't promise on not scaring them. I'm not some trophy on display.

I nod to the woman and close my eyes, feeling Axel push me to the back of our mind as my ears and tails diminish the glamour I had on.

Axel gives a shake and growls menacingly at the speaker, baring his teeth, while the speaker looks on, gawking at the amount of power Axel displays. He turns away, sniffing the air as the speaker continues talking about whatever she's talking about. 

-What are you doing now?-

Trying to find our mate, I know they are here.

-Do you really?-

Yes. But, too many scents in the room. Need to move around.

-Don't do that. We don't want to scare anyone. Besides, we don't want to meet them here, do we? We'll find them sooner or later, and in private.- 

Axel gives a devilish grin at the thought of having our mate to ourselves. And eventually, the speaker lets us go. Axel gives me full control back, and I head back to my seat.

They talk about Veelas next, and I see Sirius's cousin Narcissa, Lucius, and Snape come up. And, Oh Merlin, Snape was a submissive! I was right. He looked incredibly submissive standing up there, or maybe that was because he was nervous standing next to Malfoy. Backing up what the speakers said about subs, many will probably want to take advantage of his submissiveness, which is probably why Malfoy looks super alert, glaring at anyone who so much as looks at him.

And maybe I want to as well. 

That thought catches me off guard. Really, it shouldn't, as it's my job to help and protect subs, no matter who they are. Even so, I didn't expect to feel.... like this. It's almost overwhelming how much I want to go over to him and make sure he never feels scared or nervous ever again. Axel is even worse than me: he's just growling single words at me. 

-Axel, calm down. Look, Malfoy is protecting him now. No one is going to hurt him. If I go up to him now, he'll probably get more scared than he already is. Considering our history, we're only going to make his situation worse by going up there. There is nothing we can do, so calm down, okay?-