Chapter 1 Part 2

And I assume you haven't been trained if you're asking this many questions.

-You would be the expert here.-

Well, it would be beneficial to have someone who will help you fit into this role, since you're not used to it. Friends and family might be able to help as guidance. Oohh, can I meet our parents?!

-Sure, Nat, just be patient, okay?-

Just then, someone knocked on the bathroom door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jump. 

After an apparent moment of shock, I creep over to the bathroom door, hoping that my father hadn't woken up, or better yet, that this was a hallucination. I try to lower my wings so that they appear concealed behind my body, then I slowly open the door. 

I feel my body relax and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding as I reveal my mum on the other side of the door. 

That's our mum. She's so pretty! You look just like her, you know. Ooh, can I meet her?!

-In a minute, Nat.-

"Hi, mum. Why are you up? Did I wake you?", I ask, turning my attention away from the Veela in my head.

"I suspect you did wake me, and you shouldn't be up at this hour either, young man. Now,--" 

She pauses, looking past my shoulder, and reaches to grab a few of my feathers, which I was miraculously wasn't able to cover. I flinch as she pulls them, revealing the rest of my wings.

"What are these?", she asks in an amused tone.

"Wings?", I tell her. I'm clearly nervous about telling her about Nathaniel.

"From what?", she prods, and I clearly have no choice but to tell her. After all, Nat did say it would be better to have someone help me.

"My creature inheritance.", I stutter, and she looks shocked at my answer.

Mum opens the bathroom door the entire way, before stepping in herself, and closing the door. I hear it lock with a click.

She proceeds to analyze my wings, and I hear her mumble, mostly to herself, "I didn't think there was enough creature blood in my bloodline to affect you...".

So she knew that there was a chance this would happen, and she apparently decided to keep it from me. Great parenting, mum!

Let me take over, please! I want to say hi to our mum!

I give a sigh before telling mum the situation and giving complete control to Nat. 

"Hi, I'm Nathaniel, Sevy's veela. You must be his mum! It's great to meet you! Oh, you're so pretty; you look a lot like Sevy, I've heard!"

Being co-conscious is weird, and even that is an understatement. To put it simply, it feels like you're watching everything from a tv screen. I could feel, see, and hear everything, but had no control over my own body. 

I watched as Nat rambled to mum, and giggled as mum's face became one of surprise as she struggled to catch up with what Nat was saying. 

After Nat was done talking to mum, I gained control back, and even tried to reign in my wings, which felt weird to say the least. Mum bid me goodnight, with the promise that my father wouldn't find out about my inheritance, and I slowly made my way back to my room. I slowly drifted off to sleep to the content sounds of Nat in my head.

------------------------------------------

A/N: Please comment and give me feedback. I like to know what you think of the story.

(588 words)