Chapter 14

Disclaimer:

- this - means thoughts

this means creature talking in head

"this" means normal talking

Axel's P.O.V.

My mate is.... gone? No, no, no, my mate, my angel wouldn't leave me. No, no, no. He'll come back, he has to come back, I'm his mate, his dominant. He has to come back to me. He can't reject me.... he can't. I'm his mate. He can't reject me. 

But I can feel the pain of it ebbing through me. Not like a river, because rivers are wet,damp. When you fall into a river it is quiet, calm.  This is not any of that. This is raging and loud and burning. This is fire. This hurts. Mate.

James is yelling out the window. Calling our mate back, but he is not coming back, and I can't figure out why. He's our mate, he's meant to be with us always. But he's flying away, away from his mate, but that makes no sense. It hurts.

James turns and punches a wall, hard. The wall is stone, and it breaks through the skin, blood falling through the ridges of your skin, tumbling to the floor. Pain echoes through your arm, and I feel it, and relish it. This pain isn't so bad.

What do I do Axel? How can I do this?

-Find him.-

How? How do I even begin...... he doesn't want us, Axel. What happens when we find him and all he does is reject us outright?

-No. Find him. Find our mate.-

Where do I start?

-Flew towards forest. Go there.-

James nods, and I'm glad he's finally listening to me.

He runs from the room, almost slamming headfirst into the Veela mates. James growls, reflexively, and the female whimpers.

-Don't scare sub.-

"Sorry." he says.

"What happened? Where's Severus?", the male says, and he sounds worried. Why is he worried about my mate? My mate, not his, mine to worry about, mine!

"Left. Out the window." Immediately their faces flooded with sympathy. I hate it. Pitying me, us, like we're too pathetic to be able to keep our mate. Like there's something wrong with us, or worse, with Severus, or Nat. James obviously thinks so too, as he growls at them, loudly.

The female whimpers again, leaning against her mate and ducking her head into him. He glares but says nothing. He knows we're stronger and could beat him in a fight.

"Which direction did he go?", the male asks.

"Forest."

-Didn't you say the forest was dangerous? There are harmful beasts, could hurt mate?-

Fuck! We need to find him before he gets hurt.

-Then go, now!-

James pushes past the pair, but the male moves to grab his wrist, stopping you. You growl again, louder than I've ever heard you growl, baring your canines, releasing your claws, and standing tall over him. Immediately he lets go, whimpering once and ducking his head in submission. Good. It's about time he learns his place.

He gives him one last glare, sparing a glance at the submissive, who is on her knees behind her mate. Part of me doesn't like that you've scared a submissive that much, but then again it serves them right. Her mate shouldn't be trying to get in the way of me getting to my Nat.