Chapter 23 - Differences -

((*whispers* look at the cover. I HAVE CHANGED IT. ALSO, THAT IS MY DRAWING IT TOOK ME SEVEN HOURS TO MAKE DO NOT USE IT IN ANY WAY. I WATERMARKED THE SHIZ OUT OF IT!!))

'How long have I been here, exactly...?' Kira thought, glancing down at Hiro's face, 'Has it been just a half hour or maybe hours...? Not days, that would be too long...' She sighed gently, looking over at the bars. She wondered if there was some way she could kick them down, but shook the thought away. They were metal, she'd probably break something.

"Mathew..." She said softly, "How did you manage to stay here without going crazy?"

"...I told you awhile ago. I see things. And... I saw Elizabeth..."

Her eyes widened slightly, but soon she smiled.

"Well, very briefly."

"At least you can see her..." She closed her eyes, letting out a yawn.

"When's the last time you slept?"

"Last night... But I didn't sleep for very long..."

"Then keep your eyes closed. We're not going anywhere, and you might as well get some rest. I'll wake you if something important happens."

"...Okay..."

She leaned her head against Mathew's shoulder and slowly fell asleep.

"Trying to give her false hope, are you?" Brandon's voice was heard as said male appeared suddenly in front of the bars. Mathew glanced at the man for a brief moment before turning away. "Pathetic."

"I should be saying that to you," Mathew replied.

"Pardon?"

"Yeah. You're the one who's pathetic. You and your wife. You killed your eldest daughter, injured your youngest and her friends. All for what? What is all of this for?"

"They're the reason we're doing this. Everything bad that's happened-"

"Was your own damn fault, and you know it."

Brandon stopped talking for a moment, then faced Mathew.

"It's our fault?"

"Yeah, you heard me correctly." Anger shone in the young male's eyes, "You were such nice people until that damn crash. What, did someone visit you before your daughter? Did they turn you into these monsters?! You cared deeply for your family, Brandon, and then it all changed."

"...You're lying. I've always been this way."

"Would you like the proof? Go back to your old house and go to the living room. Check out some of those old disks under the television. You'll find the proof there."

"...If anyone asks, I'm somewhere in San Andreas..." With that, Brandon turned around and slowly began to walk down the hallway.

'...What if he's right...?' He thought, 'Agh, this is stupid. I'll just prove he's wrong.'

"...You really are pathetic..." Mathew mumbled, looking over at the two sleeping teenagers next to him. Hiro hadn't woken up since he was put in the cell, and now that Kira was asleep, it was deathly quiet.

'...I wonder...' Mathew thought, 'Why they both came alone... They could've brought their friends with them...'

---

"You're getting the hang of this, Rover," GoGo commented as the group flew back to Hiro's garage, "Fast learner."

"Well, I am a robot," Rover replied, "I should be able to learn anything quickly or that wouldn't be very efficient."