Chapter 20 - Alone -

Finals had come quicker than everyone expected. Especially Kira. She had hopes that everything would go by slow, but that didn't happen. It had been almost two weeks since her little "outburst", and since then she hadn't been on good terms with her friends. They hadn't been speaking to her, and she tried to talk to them, or at least apologize for lashing out at them, but she was ignored.

'They're all really mad at me...' She thought, finishing up her last project. It was the two chargers for Rover and the little solar-panels for him. She had already finished up her finals for this term, and was allowed in her lab as long as she didn't make a lot of noise. It was the last few minutes of the final tests for the semester, and it was when everyone, or most anyways, were rushing.

'...Even Hiro won't answer me... I wonder if he officially hates me now...? He probably doesn't want anything do with me... None of them do. I'm a selfish, rude little brat. Yeah... That's exactly what I am...'

Suddenly, her vision began to get a bit blurry, and she rubbed at her eyes, knowing she was close to crying.

"Hey, Rover," She called trying to keep her voice from cracking, "I'm almost done with the chargers. Just have to attach something and I'll be done."
She attached the final part to the Chargers and grinned at her work.

"Well, these took longer than I expected, but- Rover?"

She had turned around to face the robot to find she was all by herself in the lab.

"Rover?" She picked up the Chargers and put them inside her backpack, "He couldn't have gone far-"

A bell rang throughout the school, signaling finals were officially over.

"Good, now I can look for Rover without getting yelled at."

She ran out of her lab and called the robot's name, but relieved no answers, only strange looks from others.

'Maybe in the Nerd Lab?' She thought, walking inside the lab. The first thing she spotted was the group talking. She didn't look towards them for too long, quickly looking around for Rover. That's when she noticed him, but he was walking over to the group.

'...Either I go over there,' she thought, pulling out her phone so others wouldn't stare, 'or I just wait...'

She let out a gentle sigh and decided against both of them. Instead, she decided to walk over to her workspace to see if she "needed anything" before she left SFIT. She had to walk past the group, and they seemed to fall silent as she did. She didn't make eye contact with any of them and kept her head down. When they figured she was out of earshot, they began to talk once more.

"I do not understand why you are not speaking to Kira," Rover said,

"You were there," GoGo replied, "You know very well why."

"But it isn't fair. She tried to reach out to you, but you all ignored her," His eyes changed to a dark purple, "Don't you understand? She needs you. The other night before I deactivated, I could hear her crying. She's pained, I'm not sure what else is bothering her, but not being able to speak to you is part of it, and hurting her tremendously."

"It hurts her?" Hiro repeated, crossing his arms, "That's funny. It seems like she meant every word."

"She didn't. And you not talking to her is only making things worse."

'Yeah... It is...' Kira thought. She could hear them talking about her, and she gripped tightly into her arms to keep herself together and not break down again, 'It's killing me, starting with my mind...' She took a couple of deep breaths before she glanced over at them, 'I have to at least go and get Rover.'