Chapter 16 - Rover -

"Rover?" Kira repeated the name, as if very unsure of the robot kneeling before her.

"Yes," He replied, standing up slowly. His jaw looked like it could open for him to speak, but it didn't, "I am sorry for your loss." His eyes changed to a greenish-blue. She stared at him with a confused look before realization kicked in.

"Oh. You're talking about Lizzie..." She said softly, then shrugged, "It's okay. It's not your fault... How'd you know, though?"

"When I finally worked, she explained to me that I would only be activated again if something happened to her. I am here to take care of you, that is my purpose upon Elizabeth's request."

"Oh..." She stared at his eyes, "Hey, how's you do that?"

"Do what?" His eyes changed back to green.

"That! Your eyes changed colors..."

"Oh, that's easy to explain, but I still have something for you. The metal box from your sister, do you still have it?" Kira nodded, "Good, may I see it?"

"Uh, sure... It's in my room." She likes back at her group, "How about you group of perverts stay here so you don't have nosebleeds?" She chuckled slightly at her own jokes and rolled her eyes as she ran to get the box. Everyone else stared at Rover, a bit awkwardly.

"May I ask why everyone is staring at me?" He asked, coking his head to the right slightly.

They all were silent until Hiro spoke up, "Your design, er, no..."

"What about my design?"

"Why is it the way it is? Not meant to be offensive, by the way..."

"My design as based off of a jackal animal and the Egyptian God Anubis. Mainly Anubis. Elizabeth thought it would be a bigger accomplishment for her to make me like this than like a person."

"Found it!!" Kira walked back into the room holding onto the box and handed it to Rover. He looked around the sides of the box until he spotted a small hole and pushed his finger into it. Elizabeth's hologram popped up again.

"Is it working?" Rover's voice was heard from it.

"Yes I believe so," Elizabeth replied, "So, hey Rose Petal," she smiled, "I see you've activated Rover, since he's the only one that can activate this part. He's actually holding the box as I record this."

"Hello!" Rover's voice was heard again, and Elizabeth laughed.

"I made Rover for you, little sis. I'm trusting you to take very good care of him. He's not an ordinary robot. He's capable of human emotions because that's how I programmed him. Say, if I got mad at you for stealing something, and this is just an example so don't roll your eyes."

Kira laughed softly, feeling tears in her eyes.

"So if I got mad at you, Rover would also get mad. If there would be something that made me sad, he'd get sad too. Do you understand it now? He will look after you for me. Treat him with care, Rose Petal-" the sound of a piano playing and a soft male voice singing interrupted her.

"Hey, seems like Mathew decided to play the piano for you today."

The hologram moved through what seemed like a hallway until it reached a room. A young male leaned over a piano in the middle of the room and a younger version of Kira sat next to him, doing high school homework and getting frustrated. Her hair went down into the middle of her neck and she wore some pink pajamas.

"You're 11 when I'm making this," Elizabeth whispered. Neither she nor Rover were in view of the hologram.

"Aw Kira!" Honey giggled, "You look so adorable!"