Chapter 8 - Pain -

"So let me get this straight," the officer looked completely uninterested, as if he didn't believe a word the pair had said, "A man in a kabuki mask attacked you two and balloon-man, controlling tiny robots-"

"Microbots," Hiro corrected, holding out the dish with his microbot.

"...Microbots," the officer repeated, typing into the computer.

"Yes! He was controlling them with a neurotransmitter-"

A sound of air leaving small holes filled the air, and they all turned to see Baymax putting tape over the holes in his arms. They watched as he inflated his other arm and began taping it once more.

"So Mr. Kabuki attacked you with 'microbots' and a 'neurotransmitter'."

"Yes! Tell him, Baymax!"

They turned to Baymax with hope in their eyes.

"Yes, officer-" Bagmax had started to explain when a battery symbol appeared on his stomach, and he began to sway slightly, forgetting what he was saying.

"Whoa whoa whoa, Baymax," Kira went over to him to keep him from falling over.

"What's wrong with you?" Hiro asked.

"Lowww.... Batterrrryyyyy..." Baymax replied, trying to keep himself standing, but he was falling over.

"Keep it together, Buddy," Hiro had to help Kira keep him straight up so he would be easier to take home.

"Look, kids, why don't I just call your parents and have them come down here?"

"What?"

"Hiro, c'mon," Kira said, motioning for him to follow her as the officer turned around, and the two pulled Baymax out of the police station.

"We should get Baymax back to your house."

"I can get him back by myself," Hiro claimed, and Baymax decided to start talking again.

"Hello, I am healthcare... Your personal Baymax..."

"I'm guessing low battery is equivalent to being drunk for robots..." Kira muttered, "And I'm not letting you take him home by yourself." She smirked, "Besides, you'll need a good liar in case you trip over your words like earlier." She winked and laughed.

Hiro let out a sigh, knowing he couldn't win the argument.

"Alright, but we've gotta keep Baymax hidden. I don't think Aunt Cass knows that he was activated, and I don't want to take the risk."

"Okay."

Baymax's arms were draped over their shoulders and they walked slowly, with difficulty, back to the Lucky Cat Café.

---

It was late when they finally got back to the café. They managed to get Baymax through the door and at the bottom of the stairs without making a sound.

"If my aunt asks," Hiro said, turning to the pair, "We were at school all day, got it?"

Kira nodded, and was about to speak when Baymax interrupted her.

"Wee jumped out a winnnndooooww..." He replied.

"Shush, Baymax!!" She hissed.

"Shhh... We jumpd out a windowww..." He repeated, but more quietly.

"No no no!!" Hiro whispered, putting his hands on where Baymax's mouth would be if he had one, "You can't say things like that around Aunt Cass!"

Kira put her finger to her lips and Baymax copied her, making a "shhh" sound and leaning towards them slightly. She and Hiro started walking up the stairs slowly, trying to avoid Cass if they could.