Chapter 17 - Lies -

'I didn't do a good job covering everything...'

Kira stared at all of her visible wounds. The ones on her face were covered slightly by some makeup her sister used occasionally, but Kira could swear that they were still very noticeable. The others were hidden by her clothing and a sweatshirt she had. But her black eye was a bit of a problem. Her eyelid was drooped slightly, and she wondered if the makeup would keep her friends from noticing everything. If they did, she'd have to lie, like she used to. She knew everyone would be extremely disappointed in her if they knew she was bot-fighting.

'Hm...' She walked out from the bathroom and back to her room, staring at Rover who was still deactivated, 'I guess I can take him to school... But the charger...'

She shrugged and pressed the button, watching the microchip disappear as the access port closed off and his eyes opened.

"Hello Kira!" He greeted happily, stepping off of his charger.

"Hey Rover," She replied, walking over to pick up her backpack, "If you come to school with me, would you need your charger?"

"That would depend on how long we would be there. But I believe I can last the majority of the day before needing to charge once again."

"Okay. Then let's go. I'd actually like to work with you for a bit today."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to study your microchip and maybe work with a couple of machines. Elizabeth made you, but I suspect that she had no help and did not use anything like the materials they have at SFIT. Or I'm completely wrong and she actually did use something useful that would work. She was really smart... Smarter than I'll ever be..."

She shook her head, emptying her mind of thoughts like that. Despite the fact she was still a bit mad at her sister for not telling her about their parents, she still loved her sister very much and knew Elizabeth would want her to keep moving forward and to stop dwelling on her past, which, unfortunately, she usually did. It wasn't good for her though, and she knew that.

"Well, Rover, are you ready to go?"

"Yes Kira."

She smiled and they walked out of her house, with Kira locking the door behind them. Today she was walking to SFIT with everyone and they agreed to meet up at the café like they normally did whenever they all walked together. It was actually pretty cold out in San Fransokyo, so her sweatshirt would be self-explanatory, reducing her stress over her wounds.

"Do you always walk to school?" Rover asked suddenly, looking around at everything.

"No, not all the time," She replied as they turned a corner, "Today, we're meeting at the Lucky Cat Café so we can all walk to school together."

"By 'we', you mean the group of people I met yesterday, correct? And that boy you kissed?"

Kira blushed slightly, "Yes..."

"Are you in a 'relationship' with him?"

"Yes."

"Do you-"

"Okay Rover, that's enough questions," she covered her face with her hands slightly, hiding her red cheeks. The robot only nodded, looking over at a colorful building. He seemed very interested in every little detail.

And why wouldn't he?

He hadn't been active for 3 years, and even when he was he had never left the house. There was so much for him to see and hear, it was like he was a newborn.