Fourth (Chapter 12)

THIS CHAPTER FOLLOWS THE PLOT OF THE ANIME (WITH SLIGHT CHANGES)

Unedited

I felt sweat trickle down my forehead as I kept running. "Class 1A's Bakugou is rocketing over the obstacles!" Present Mic boomed. The audience seemed to be entertained with the way things were working out. The loud cheers were simply annoying to me though.

I could hear a lot of noise from behind me as people were fighting the robots and knocking them down. "For those of you who thought the first obstacle was easy. Let's see how you feel about the second one." Present Mic said in a teasing tone. "If they wanna pass thos test, they'll have to get creative. It's 'The Fall'" Present Mic said as if it was the coolest thing in the world. All of the kids hesitated, even class 1A kids.

Todoroki simply used his ice and slid across the ropes. I felt like it was too early to use my inhance quirk so I wrapped my legs around the rope and held up tight with my hands as I crawled on the rope over to the other side just like Asui from class 1A did.

Even if I don't have an animal type quirk, this method is still fairly efficient. Todoroki was still in the lead which didn't surprise me but I still do need to catch up. Todoroki was so far ahead that I couldn't even see him anymore and there were explosions in the air from Bakugou prepelling him self foreward.

I got to the other side which not many people had done yet. Without looking back, I ran as fast as I could in an attempt to catch up to Todoroki. This has been going on for so long that it should be over soon so I think it's safe to use inhance as long as people won't be able to tell what my quirk is.

There's a lot of things I could inhance that house help me in the moment but I decided on using speed. "And now we're finally approaching the last obstacle. Everyone had better tread carefully. You're stepping onto a minefield! If you look carefully you can see where those little bombs are buried, so keep your eyes on the ground, folks. By the way, those ladn mines were designed for the games, so they might be loud and flashy, but, they're not all that powerful. Just enough to make you wet your pants!" Present Mic explained being the dramatic weirdo that he is.

Todoroki was ahead of me very quickly walking avoiding all the land mines. I was running at full speed with my eyes glued to the ground to avoid stepping on the mine fields. Even if I did step on one, I should be fast enough to get out of the way before I get caught in the explosion.

Suddenly Bakugou started prepelling himself in the air using his quirk which caused Todoroki to stop moving for a moment and look back at him. I continued to run, not really caring about what was going on with the two class 1A boys.

Bakugou took the lead which left me to now be in third place. Todoroki and Bakugou were running side by side as they were fighting each other. The three of us started to get closer and closer to the end when suddenly there was a huge explosion which took everyone by surprise.

Izuku Midoriya was soaring in the air and was now in first place. While Bakugou and Todoroki were distracted by this I ran as fast as I could and went past them both.
"Y/N Shigaraki is now is second place along with Izuku Midoriya who is now in first!" Present Mic announced.

Bakugou started to use his explosions again and Todoroki used his ice again causing them both to move infront of me. Midoriya got past the Mine Field and was now running as if his life depended on it as the other boys were relying on their quirks to catch up with him.

"The first to make it back into the stadium is the first place winner! Izuku Midoriya is our champion!"

"The contestents are pouring in one after the other! Let's hear some applause for all our competitors as we prepare the results." Present Mic stated and fianlly stopped running his mouth for the first time today.

Midoriya was talking to some brown haired girl and Bakugou looked like he was having a mental breakdown. "The first game for the first-years is fianlly over, and what a game it was. Now, let's take a quick look at the standing, shall we?" My mom spoke and she had everyones attention.

Izuku Midoriya got in first place, Shoto Todoroki got in second place, Bakugou got in third place, and I cam in fourth. After that I didn't pay attention to the rankings.

"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine. Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limlight! Give it your best! Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is touture. Prepare yourselves...for this!" Mom said which rialed up the audience and made the students nervous.

The screen was once again scrolling though a bunch of things that might en up being our next test. It felt like it had been going for a year but then it finally came to a stop. Cavalry battle...just great.

My mom as other call her, Midnight, started to explain the rules and how it would work. I feel kinda bad for that Midoriya kid, noe everyone is going to be targeting his team. I don't know him but he doesn't seem like the type to work well under pressure.

We only have 15 minutes to build our teams and I'm probably gonna have a hard time with this. Even if I came in 4th place, no one knows what my quirk is other than Shinsou. I can't rely on Shinsou wanting to be on my team since he's proably more focused on getting people that will help him win.

There's only one thing I can think of. I walked over to Midoriya, he looked like he was freaking out. "Hey wanna team up?" I asked kinda awkwardly as I rubbed the nape of my neck and avoided eye contact. His eyes sparkled and had tears welling up in them. Weirdo

"Really?!" he beamed. I nodded my head as another girl came over. It was the same brown haired girl that was talking to him before. "Hey Deku, let's team up! It's better to team up with people you like!" she suggested.

I think her name is Uraraka but I'm not too sure. "Okay so what are you guys' quirks?" I asked looking at both of them. "Zero Gravity." Uraraka answered. "Theres no point in using my quirk during this. It hurts me and I break my bones." Midoriya explained.

"Hmm, okay. I have two quirks, mind reading, and speed inhancement." I half lied. Incase I end up having to fight one of them later I think it's safer to keep my second quirk a secret. "Okay so now we just need one more person." I said looking around at the other people.

Midoriya, Uraraka, and I walked over to wherever he was leading us. He tapped the shoulder of a tall dude with engines on the backs of his legs. Midoriya tried to explain his plan to the guy but he declined the offer.

Midoriya seemed to be lost, not knowing what to then he walked over to another kid that I didn't recognize and tapped on his shoulder. The guy had a bird head which took me by surprise but he argreed to be on our team. Apparently his quirk was called dark shadow.

1335 words