Chapter 19: Dubai

CHRIS'S POV

I hopped out the passenger side seat before Red fully stopped. I ran inside the precinct and headed towards my dads office.

Some guy named Carter called me in the middle of another pacing session and told me to get down to the precinct right away.

I ran inside the bulidin and was greeted with my usual hellos. I waved back quickly and ran up the steps to the second floor and ran till I was met with Brooks' office.

It's like I couldn't get down the hallway fast enough. I rushed in without knocking to see CJ on his desk playin with brooks.

CJ was sittin on His desk playin with the rubber band ball on his desk. I ran over and picked him pullin him close to me.

"I'm so happy your okay" I kissed all over his face and pulled him into another hug. I let my tears go and loosened my grip. I sat in the chair in front of his desk and sat him in my lap so he was facing me.

"Daddy" he hugged me and laid his head on my chest.

"I know baby I missed you too" I rubbed my fingers in his hair and wiped my face with my free hand.

I looked up to see my dad holding his head in his hands.

"Where'd you find him? What happened?!" His head shot up and he wiped his eyes and nose. He sat up before clearing his throat and scratching his beard, makin me more worried than I am.

"Stephan and Cole had been knocked off the road and the car had flipped a few miles down a hill in the mountains on the way to the jail house. your mother had kicked in the fencing in the cop car and knocked them both out. She had jumped out the car. Bullet holes were found in the tires of the car. Stephans seat belt stayed in tact during the accident but Cole wasn't so lucky. He had been knocked around so hard that hes in a coma now. If kyle hadn't stopped the bleeding he would've died. Stephan had made it out the car and traveled up that hill with a compound fractured ankle and dragged Cole with him and had managed to get the tracker from the car. Once he reached the top he managed to get the signal to work and got in contact with the station. He said he took a break and heard fimilar voices and the sound of a plane near by. He had walked out and saw a limo parked and Leana standing there with CJ in her arms still in their hospital clothes. He said she was standin there with two other men. He said he couldn't hear what they were saying but she was crying. The limo had drove off leaving her and one other guys standing there. She talked to the man and was crying about something and the only thing he heard was the guy saying that he wasn't going to hurt her. The three of them headed towards the plane but he had hopped out the bushes and tried to help them. She said something about a tracor on her and she couldn't leave the man or something was going to happen to you. She handed him CJ and gave him instructions to bring him to me and not to anyone know about him being here. She got on the plane and right when help arrived the plane had already tooken off".

I felt every bit of air left me.

"She what? B-b-but she's eight months pregnant! S-she..." I pursed my lips together and closed my eyes.

"Why is she doing this to me? Leana never did anything to her! This isn't fair man." I shook my head and just let it all out.

Every time I turn around there's problems. And all the fingers point back to one person!

"It's my mother! She knows where they are! She's doin all of this to drive Leana away! Now she's gone." CJ looked up at me and frowned.

Brooks came from behind his desk and sighed. He picked CJ up from my lap and held him on his hip.

"Chris you gotta be strong son" he rubbed my back and lifted CJ in the air.

"You worry about taking care of my grandson and doing all you can to protect him. And I'll find your wife."