chapter 8: the box

CHRIS'S POV

I looked though the peephole and saw my moms there. "what?!" I used the intercom to talk, I was to scared to be up close to her for some reason. something seemed off and I couldn't put a finger on it, but I gotta guy feeling she's up to no good. she knocked again and just stood there lookin at the door, shawty wasn't even blinking. Sya stood at the top of the steps with Yoshi right behind her. I placed a finger on my lips and tip toed through the house locking everything. I made it up to our bedroom and put Yoshi with us. I moved the couch in our room to the door and the dresser in front of the balcony doors. the house just felt unsafe.

I locked everything.

"whats wrong baby?" Leana was in the middle of the floor with Yoshi and the dogs coloring. "um I went downstairs and I looked through the peephole and my moms was standing there just looking at the door, so I tried talking to her through the intercom and she just stood there. so I locked everything and came up here" she put her eyebrows together and shook her head. "let's just put the security feed on the TV, we got plenty of snacks in here... that I'm willing to share and the dogs are in Here so we're fine". I pinched the sides of my nose shaking my head 'wth is going on'.

There was something strange going on and it was bothering the hell outta me. i paced the floors until I felt something warm on my leg, Yoshi was standing there smiling up at me. "Chrissy relax, you look sleepy" she kissed my knee and pulled me to the bed. I hopped in and pulled her up by her toy story pajamas and placed her between me and Leana.

we sat up watching the feeds, well lil yo-yo fell asleep on us.

two hours and a family sized pack of vanilla oreos later, I was snoozing off, until I heard the sound of duct tape unrolling. "what the fuck" I looked up and saw a man taping something on our door, I tried to zoom in on him but the nigga was wearing a mask.

"who the hell..." I gently got out the bed, and looked out the blinds to the balcony, he stood in our front yard for a second and ran out of our front gate. "why the hell is that shit open?". I pulled out my phone and pushed a button to close and lock the gate.

I climbed in bed and pulled Yoshi on my right side with Kaleana on my left, holding them tight. I laid awake making sure no one had attempted to hurt my family.

KALEANA'S POV

Chris loud ass talking woke me out my damn sleep. then Yoshi and the boys were nuzzled all into me making me fuckin hot. sleeping and being pregnant is the worst.

when I got out the bed and waddled my way to go make breakfast, Chris was at the top of the steps on the phone roughly rubbing his hair.

"yes 3 o'clock would be fine.... yes sir.... it would be nice if you came to me... thank you again...... you as well" I sat behind him and laid my head on his shoulder tracing figures on his back.

"who was that babe?", "the police". I looked at him confused. "last night I saw some guy tape something on the door and leave a box before running out. and the gates were wide open and I know Jared wouldn't leave that open. so I made a call to the police". "did you see what it was?". he shook his head and helped me up so we could start breakfast. "I didn't want to open the door just in case someone was still out there, and on to of it my mom was no where in sight". this can't be happening right now.

before I could say anything Yoshi sluggishly walked down the steps with x in her arms and diamond on her heels.

she rubber her eyes with the back of her hand and pouted.

Chris handed her some orange juice and she dramatically whined for him to pick her up. "you sleepy?" she nodded and he placed her on the island in front of me.

"what do you want for breakfast baby?" she shrugged her shoulders and slid down into my lap and laid her head on my shoulders. I patted her butt soothingly and rocked her.

"I don't know about you niggas but I want some got damn French toast". I rolled my eyes and handed Yoshi to Chris.

I walked to the fridge and bent down to get ask the stuff out when I heard whistles. "damn shi! don't Leana

booty look nice in them leggings?" "mhhmmm I hope mine look like that when I get older" they high fived and broke out laughing. "you guys are a mess".

Chris's laughing died down when his phone stated ringing.

"hello.... ooohhhhh yes!.... I'll have Marcus open the gates for you guys.... okay will do"

he hung up the phone then waited patiently.

CHRIS'S POV

Detective Cole and his team had searched around the crib trying to find something too help them get  information on who keeps bothering us.

In our first house they broke in and trashed the place not before pulling a left eye and fuckin up all Kaleana's shit. they tore all her shit to shreds. this was when she was when she was pregnant before the accident. the babies room couldn't even be saved. we moved to the other side of California to LA, but they found us again. they threw a brick through our window the first night in the new house, with a note saying their watching us, but haven't bothered us since.

lately I've been thinking back to what Kaleana said about my mom having something to do with-

"baby! Coles calling!"

I grabbed the home phone from her and went to the kitchen. "you find something?", "man you need to get down here and see this!" "what's in the box?" "that's why I need you down here for" I nodded like he could see me "I'm on my way".

I kissed Yoshi and Leana and told them I would be back. taking the 10 minute drive to the precinct they work at. once I got out Stephan, Coles partner  rushed me inside.

"now Chris there's some shit in that box that could be a little unsettling but I need you to help us out" I nodded my head and stepped on the elevator to the basement.

the whole ride down I had this feeling like I was going to throw up.

Stephan used his badge so we could enter the huge all glass lab.

Cole walked to me with a pale face.

"Chris..... just be ready". i nodded confused and walked over to the metal table on the middle if the room.

"wh-what is that" there looked to be a frozen arm that belonged to a babies in a vacuumed sealed bag.

Cole passed me a stack of photos, I swallowed back my first assumptions. but the more I suffled through the closer the picture for on Kaleana till finally it was a closed in picture of her large baby bump. i shakily flipped it over

"I she wouldn't want this to happen to baby number two"

I ran over the the trash can and threw up.

"Chris I don't want to assume but..." I clenched my heart it felt like it was going to rip out my chest and I couldn't breath. that was my babies?

"Chris calm down you need to help us figure this out" I nodded and weakly walked back over standing at a distance so I couldn't see the arm in the box.

"there was also a couple of teeth in a bag" the examiner held up a little bag with five theeth inside which I recognized.

"those we-were Kaleana's, she lost them in t-the accident" the examiner nodded.

"there was a beat to hell license plate and this video tape. we waited for you to get here" I motioned for him to play it knowing I couldn't be anything good.

he placed it in the DVD player and it appeared on the flat screen on the wall. I clenched my chest harder almost breaking skin once I saw it was our car at a stop sign from my side of the car. we seemed to be fine, until the truck came. I couldn't watch. i could hear the truck ending into the car and me yelling. the sounds of Kaleana screaming for me to wake up made me look. it happened to quick before i could look away, it was when the truck hit her side again and Leana flying out the front window front the truck fitting her side, all I saw her arm and blood all over the street from the car... before I blacked out....

-------------------------

comment/vote :)