Chapter 5: studio

I'm four months pregnant. and I'm just tired all the time. chris has reverted back to his old habit of being his mother's whipping boy. it's bad enough he's going to be on tour in a month, but my products for my fall collection are due soon. so I barely see him and when I do he barely notices I'm there.

I just got back from Toya's with Stacey, and I was thinking about making her my personal stylist. the shop was booming when I went and was happy she was making it big. she even redid the salon, and has multiple staff. I don't want to take her from her place, but I'll ask her my next appointment.

Chris is at home in the studio working so I was giving him space. Stacey and I were at panera talking, when Chris's mom was walking in with her friends sipping their coffee. I did my best to hide. I couldn't fight her ass pregnant. she sat feet away but still hasn't seen me. me and Stacey kept taking about random things. until I felt something hot hit my face.

she tossed her coffee at me.

I screamed in pain. I quickly shook it off and felt my stomach and saw them storm out. I couldn't move. Stacey called 911 as someone put a rag on my face. before I knew it I was in a hospital bed with a second degree burn. the baby was fine but I was under watch, because of my high blood pressure. I tried to calm myself down but nothing was working. they finally gave me sedative. I relaxed instantly. Stacey tried calling chey's but he never picked up.

it was going in 1 AM, I been here almost 9 hours and no Chris.

I just went to sleep and hoped he'd be there tomorrow.

CHRIS'S POV

my mom and her friends were over having a good time when my mom says she wanted to talk. we sat in the grass in my back yard watching the dogs roll around. "so I sat down with Kaleana today-" I looked up at her worried when I got this bad feeling like subverting was wrong. "how in the-" she put her hand up cutting me off. "let me finish, I saw Kaleana and her friend at panera, and we had a discussion a few things and I apologized and came to an understanding. she said she's staying at Stacey's house for a few days to let you work" I nodded my head trying to imagine how that conversion went. I talked to her when she was there so I hope she's okay.

"well baby, we're find to get going but tell Kaleana I said hey" I nodded my head as I heard my mom and her friends leaving. the feeling of worry was still there.

I went back in the house and saw Stacey had called me a couple times I called her and Leana back and their phone went to voicemail. they must be busy.

I went back into my in home studio and locked myself in with diamond and chief right behind me. I need to get to work with this tour coming around

(5 days later)

I was released from the hospital today. everyone came and visited me, even Toya's crazy ass. but no Chris. micheal said Chris locked himself and the dogs in the studio and turned his phone off. he usually wouldn't do that unless he knew I was sunbather safe.

the left side of my face, shoulder, and side on my stomach are very red and super sensitive but I could move without being in horrible pain. I gently got out of Stacey's Mercedes and with Jared's help I walked to the door. i unlocked the door and we heard music blasting in the house.

the studio.

I dropped my bag at the door and carefully pulled my hair into a ponytail. I walked down a hall and stepped the steps down to his studio. I put the pin number in and the door slid open. she was there. "very good baby" she kissed his cheek.

I knocked on the entrance and leaned in the doorway. Chris's body snapped in my direction.

"baby what the hell happened to you?" he approached me but Stacey stepped in between us.

"question is what happened to you nigga? yo crazy ass mom threw her scolding hot coffee on your fuckin wife! I should fuck your ass up". Chris looked at me confused. I kept the same scowl on my raw face.

"she told me she came up to you and apologize and you guys talked and you said you were going over Stacey's house to let me work. I texted you where were you and you said at paneras talking with Stacey and you loved me and you'll talk to me later. I turned my phone off and got to work once my mom left and told Me what happened. I haven't left the studio once. you know I be in here a week on end and never come out when it's time for tour. and now you accuse my mom of throwing shit on you?" I went around Stacey and got nose to chest with him.

"yes you fuckin idiot" I said calmly, I took my rings off simply and grabbed his mom's left hand aggressively and quickly slid them on her ring finger.

"since she run shit and can convenience you with anything she wants to do what she wants. If she can't have you nobody can. the baby could've died. I can't do this with you. I can't risk another baby, this stress is not good. you can have him. you win, need ask yours". I normally walked out to the car and got in. Chris ran out when we were driving off. once a couple blocks away i needed to do something that I had been holding back to do and finding a right moment to do it.

I cried.