chapter 12: my son prt 2

CHRIS'S POV

I haven't left this hospital not one time. I've been here for 10 hours. I can't believe I..... I have a son! A son! A little boy! Of MY own!

He's still in surgery, but their almost finished is what the nurse tells me. They haven't gotten any word on Leana and I'm terrified. No terrified ain't the word.

It's like my air has been taken from me. Without her there is no me.

"Chris maybe you should go home and sleep" Kira said rubbing my back slowly. She hasn't left yet either. Adam has been out of surgery for a hour but can't have any visitors until they get his breathing in control. As much as I want to be mad at him I can't. He saved my family.

"Nah... Im.... I'm okay, I can't sleep anyway, as much as I want to". She nodded in agreement and handed a sleeping Yoshi to me.

"At least eat please. You look worn out". I looked at her and she looked just as bad. I never really noticed until now, she had light scars on her face and arms. I can't believe my own mother did hat to her, and to her daughter. Yoshi is like my own child, hell she practically is!

"Okay I guess" I said in a mumble rocking Shi in my arms slightly.

"What do you want?" She asked standing up looking down at me.

"What ever your having". She nodded and walked away.

I put my left arm on the waiting room arm rest and craddled Shi with my right one. I stroked the little hairs behind her ear as she snuggled into me.

I sniffed a little to try to keep myself from crying. I was trying to be strong, but I knew once I started crying I was going to get mad and start punching holes in walls. I tucked my lips and swallowed the lump in my throat as I felt tears slide down my face quickly. I couldn't take it any more. I let out the breath I was holding and began sobbing.

Yoshi opened one eye and looked at me with a mug.

"Go back to sleep, I'm okay". She rubbed her eyes and yawned looking up a me with a pout.

She sat up and put her little legs on either side of me and grabbed my face as I cried.

"Chrissy why you crying" she asked turning her head a little to the side, with a eyebrow raised. I laughed a little and shook my head.

"It's nothing baby".

She slapped me across the chest and huffed.

"Chrissy your MMMYYYY best friend okay. And I wouldn't be holding my end as YOOURR bestie if I didn't know why your crying. So tell me wassup and wipe your pretty little face".

I laughed hard, that's what I always tell her when she cries.

I wiped my face and pulled her close to me and she hugged my body as best she could. I rested my cheek on top of her head and sighed.

"Well you have a little god brother and he's hurt pretty badly. And Leana. She's uh... She's hurt too and I'm just really worried about my babies that all". I started sobbing again but much worse this time.

Yoshi pulled away and locked her arms around my neck and kissed my chin, and nose.

"Stop crying Chrissy they'll be ookkaayyy. You know what you need? You need a nap!" I hiccupped trying to calm myself down. Yoshi reached down to the side of the chair and pulled the lever so my legs were elevated.

She hopped down and ran somewhere.

"Yoshi!" I called out.

She ran to a nurse and waved her down so she could whisper in her ear. The nurse nodded and Yoshi gave me the finger, telling me to wait. The nurse came back with a blanket, two pillows, a box of tissues and a remote and turned to cartoons.