chapter 26: Let it burn

Isabella

I sat cris cross in the fresh cut grass looking at my sons tomb stone. I can't even cry. My son was probably suffering. He was only two and had so much life ahead of him, but so much happened in his past.

He was taken from me. Then had his arm cut off. He had cigarette burns on his body and he was in a great deal of pain. God has plans for him in heaven and I can't get in the way of that.... Well I'm 5 years to late to get in the way.

I stood up and dusted off my pants, making sure nothing was on me.

"Mommy loves you okay". I touched his head stone one more time and a soft wind hit my face as I smiled.

It's been two weeks since we've been back. And it took me till now to finally come to his grave. I'm not gonna cry any more because I know he wouldn't want that.

Kira being the best friend she is, she froze all my accounts after I went missing. I bought us a big ass house. Me, Jamie, Pierre, Amanda, and our baby.

I'm pregnant as can be. I'm actually 3 months pregnant. And I was suspicious, but just didn't know. My doctor said its common for you to have your period in the first few months of pregnancy.

I fixed my sunglasses on my face and walked back to my car. When I saw I got everything back. I got EVERYTHING back.

I filed for divorce and he signed the papers almost immediately. He's suffering from a spranged neck because of me. I don't even feel bad. Kaleana would've cared but she died when I saw Chris kiss Ketchups dumb ass. The divorce was finalized in no time. We didn't even stay 30 minutes in the court room. His girlfriend tried to come for me but I acted like she was invisible.

They're actually in engaged and I'm really happy for Chrissy. I'm on the way to talk to him now as a matter of fact.

I hoped in my gold Mercedes Benz G wagon and drove to Starbucks. He said he rented it out so we can talk. Hoe typical of him. I sent P a text letting him know I was on my way to meet Chris and that I was fine. Even though he's probably sleep. He was up all night helping me pick fabric for these jackets I'm working on. I got right back to work. Kira made forget XI a billion dollar company while I was gone. So I made her co-owner. Her ol humble ass wasn't trying to take it but, she deserves it.

I took a breath mentally preparing myself for the conversion ahead. I'm not gonna cry, I've done enough of that. Pierre actually encouraged us to talk. He's really understanding about the whole thing and told me I should put myself in Chris' shoes. I did and now here I am, pulling into the parking lot to talk to him.

His security opened the door for me one I got out and I thanked them.

Chris stood up from the booth in the back of the room and hugged me tightly, catching me by surprise.

I haven't seen him since the judge ruled that our divorce was finalized. I put my purse on the table and folded my hands looking at him with a slight smile.

"I just wanna start by apologizing for you know". I gestured towards his neck and he laughed lightly.

"I deserved it, every bit of it". I nodded and looked at the painting on the wall not knowing what else to say.

"Leana-"

"Isabella". He nodded at my correction.

"Issy, Can you just tell me what happened?".

I sighed. "I might as well". I crossed my leg over my knee under the table resting my hand on my growing stomach. "I'm going to make a very long short. While you left the hospital to go do something. I had went to the bathroom while CJ was in physical therapy and Pierre came out the linen closet and basically kidnapped me". He looked at me side ways.