Chapter 23: Cut it out!

ISABELLA'S POV

5 YEARS LATER...

I walked through the apartment halls as quickly as I could without looking suspicious. I had been saving quarters, dollar bills, anything I could find to get a phone.

I finally made it to $250 dollars quickly. I had done things like alter clothing that has gotten to big or to short for money. People who lived in these apartments were american for the most part and knew of me. I still never told anyone my situation afraid Joyce could be listening. I just told them I'm on a long vacation to get away from the world. They believe me so I try to keep my story the same.

I had to make this quick.

These trackers seem to be broken but I'm not taking a chance.

I ran down all the emergency stairs from the 24th floor to the lobby. I caught my breath and waved hello to all the people I've become acquainted with over time. I took a puff from my inhaler and stepped outside. I saw the convenient store and automatically knew it was more than 100 feet. The tracker will blink and let them know I'm out the apartment.

I walked quickly and didn't lock eyes with anyone in the crowd. I looked straight at the store sign.

I was so focused that I bumped into someone but was quickly caught.

"Kim you could've hurt her with your clumsy ass!" I looked up and saw a woman holding me.

I stood up quickly and looked at them.

Fuckin ASAP Rocky was standing there.

"I'm sorry ma'am. My fault"

I opened my mouth to speak but I'm assuming his girlfriend said something.

"Aren't you that designer for forever 21?" I laughed out of nervousness.

"Yes that's me". She stuck her hand out for me to shake.

"It's nice to me you. I'm Ru'Sya Santana". I shook her hand and she smiled. "And this is my boyfriend. I'm pretty sure you know who he is".

"It's nice to me you". I shook his hand noticing his mouth full a gold. "I'm gonna let you ladies talk. I'm gonna go back to the hotel". He walked away but I was focused on the store.

"You seem to be in a rush. But I was wondering if you'd help me with something?"

"Sure".

"My friend Chris is doing this whole black pyramid T-shirt thing and since you know about that whole thing. You could help us out one day. Maybe when you come out to New York".

"C-Chris?"

"Yeah Chris Brown. You're probably really busy-"

"No not at all".

"Great. I'll have my jet pick you up. When's a good time?"

"As soon as possible". She laughed.

"Well we're leaving in two days at three o'clock. At the airport a couple miles up the street". She pulled out a card. "Here's my number, call us when you get there". She hugged me before she walked away.

Something snapped in me. I ran like hell to that store. They had a flyer in the paper about used phones and a coupon for 70% any purchases.

I got in there and smiled at the old man behind the register. I went to the phone and noticed they were all $100 iPhone's laying in a black metal basket. What the hell? They probably brought in phones people left here on vacation. I grabbed one and prayed to God it worked. I grabbed some cough syrup and some cheap things to eat before I rushed to the weird nervous with my hands all sweaty.