chapter 9: he's alive

KALEANA'S POV

Cole and Stephen told me what happened at the precinct quickly after Chris passed out. that shit in the box can't be real right? I slipped on one of Chris's mechanical dummy sweat suits and my air maxes and quickly did the same to Yoshi.

I dropped her off at Stacey's house so I could see what's going on. Stephan told me about what was in the box, he said the examiner thinks the arm is about two years old and is from someone who's still alive and it can be reattached hopefully. I quickly assumed the worse, there were so many questions but they could wait till I got there.

pulling up to the building putting my shades and hood on, I quickly wobbled my almost 6 months pregnant ass inside before anyone could notice me. Stephan met me halfway and led me in heading towards the elevator.

he pushed the basement button once inside.

"is Chris okay?" I quickly asked once the doors shut. Stephan chuckled softly.

"yeah he's alright, damn near scared us all to death, we thought his ass done had a heart attack" I giggled and nodded at his response.

the doors open and the chill hit me as we stepped off. "you wanna see Chris first?" I nodded following behind him.

we turned a corner and I saw Chris through a huge window like wall laying in a hospital with his phone to his ear.

I'm bout to drown in it, drown in it

I'm bout to drown in it, down in it

I'm bout to-

Stephan raised his eyebrows shaking his head, as I reached in my pocket and rejected Chris's call. I watched him mean mug the phone and started shaking it and lifted the case to see if it was broke or something. I chuckled lightly as Stephen swiped on the door with his badge as i entered the room leaving us alone.

"I'm right here baby" I said still giggling.

"I was just calling you and all of a sudden it stopped ringing, like you rejected my call or something. I guess I need a new phone" he looked at me innocently, as I laughed loudly.

"you're so crazy" he put his eyebrows together clearly confused.

"anywayyyss... how are you feeling baby?" he pulled me so I was laying next to him.

"to be honest I don't know how to feel. when I saw the uh... the arm in the box it shook me up a little and then the video..... really got to me". I laid his head on my chest running my fingers in his hair as I let him talk, till I ran my hand over something... 

"damn Chris!" he looked at me confused touching the back of his head. "you always hitting your head on something" he smacked his lips and laid back down.

"eat my ass man" he said with his eyes still closed.

I kissed his lips twice "already did".

he shot up glaring at me "I'm just playing babe". he rolled on his side so his back was facing me and clenched his butt cheeks together. "Chris stopppp" he looked back at me and laid down. he's such a mess.

(20 minutes later)

after Chris fell back asleep I snuck out the little hospital room and went to the glass lab where they were waiting for me.

"bout damn time" Stephan and Cole said at the same time I shook my head ready for them to cut to the chase.

"so what do I need to know?". they pulled two vacuumed sealed bags out.