chapter 6: Growing up

KALEANA'S POV

it's been two weeks since the whole scene at the house. I've been stay in a loft downtown I bought for when Chris is away. his mom was staying there for god knows what but I give up fighting her.

I was sitting on my bed with the dogs picking color swatches for a upcoming shoot for the men's line. the launch for the fall collection went well. the customers loved it and it's ranking in big checks.

I got up and put the selected swatches in the fabric room. I looked around the studio sized soever and ran my fingers over the huge rolls of cotton fabric that racked the walls. a tear slid down my face as memories of when me and chris set it this place up. I shook my head to keep myself from crying.

I laid on the king sized mattress and watched as the dogs wrestled making me laugh, sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I didn't have Chris.

CHRIS'S POV

I walked into keleanas little loft and heard laughing. I walked threw the large space and it got louder. I don't know why but a small wave of jealously waved over me but quickly passed. I walked up the carpeted spiral staircase to the upstairs and it got louder.

"cheif stopppp!" she said laughing. I clenched my chest and sighed in relief and knocked on the door before entering.

she looked at me wiping her tear and her laughter died down. x was rubbing his nose on her belly as Jamie kicked wildly. she placed her hands on her stomach and looked at her feet. I kicked my shoes off climbing under the covers with her and laid on her chest placing my hand hand on top hers. she kissed my lips repeatedly. "I love you" she said against my lips. "I love you too" I reached into my sweats and got her old wedding ring. "ahhh much better" she said. she liked her old wedding rings. the ones my mom refuses to give back are I gave her as our first anniversary gift. she hated them. she loved the original rings, because it's the one I got down on one knee with, and place on her finger at the alter. she only wore the new ones because I would complain.

anyways....

I looked up at her and she was looking down at me. "why did you believe her, after she basically broke into the house trying to kill me. and Lord knows what her crazy ass would've done if she got me. ugh and the coffee shop... I can't even believe she did that". I wrapped my arms around her waist.

it took me a while to answer her, "i-i don't k-know? I thinks it's the fact that uh.... what we went the with my step dad and she's doing what she promised she wouldn't become. I think she's off her medicine". the meds keep her calm because of her high anxiety. Leana scooted down so we were breathing on each other, making her laugh. she laid her head under mind, making me rest my chin on her head.

X crept his puppy body between us laying his forehead on her stomach. diamond right between our legs. I loved times like this.

maybe it's time I stop living like a boy and act like the 23 year old man I am. I kissed Kaleana all over her face. "I'm breaking up with my mother soon, I don't think or relationship is working" she laughed historically but was cut short by her holding her face wincing. I grabbed her handing moving it. why would my mom do this?. her shoulder and face were healed pretty well but it's still sensitive and made her skin look tight. I kissed the spots where they were and got her some water and her medicine. she took them and we laid back like before. I held her close enough not to smother chief. I love this girl. I need to talk to my mom soon