42

The next morning just like any other morning, Laurel got up to get ready for work. The only difference is that she shared her bed with Iris the previous night and not Jason. But God she missed him. It was quiet, Iris and Elle were still sleeping well Iris wasn't sleeping, she was just laying there on her phone. Last night, they had a good talk she told him everything that had happened with Jason. But Iris on the other hand refused to open up about why she visited all of a sudden and why she claims she is not feeling well.

"Incase you are leaving or planning to spend the day else where, you know you can take Elle to the daycare anytime." Laurel spoke up. It was the first thing they said to each other that morning.

"Huh."

"I wasn't asking, I was just telling you. That option is there."

"Why are you saying it like that?" Iris sat up straight on the bed.

"Like how?"

"Like I am obviously going somewhere or not willing to watch Elle."

Laurel swung her hair and said, "Because you aren't."

"You guys are family and I'm not going anywhere. I'll watch her."

"Thanks." She gave her baby a small kiss and waved at Iris. That was weird, she thought.

As she walked out with her bag in hand, her phone started to ring and to her pleasure it was Jason calling. It was about eight in the morning.

"Hey you," Laurel blushed as she brought the phone to her ear.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He sung from the other side, with the same sleepy voice he always has at that time in the morning.

"I'm very okay. How are you? In bed I guess."

"No, actually. What about you? What are you doing?"

"Heading down to my car." She said as she headed to the elevator. 

"Good good. Anyway there is a reason I actually called so early." He said, his voice turning from relaxed to a bit serious.

"Oh, oh. I thought you just wanted to hear my voice this morning."

"That, and something else."

"Okay, tell me." Laurel was now stepping out of the building and approaching her car.

"I am going on a trip today for about two days."

"What? How come? Is it business?" She asked as she got inside her car, dropping her bag on the passenger seat.

"Not really, just going to visit an old family friend up the hill with Kevin. It is kind of business but not to the larger extent." He explained on.

"Okay, I guess if you have to go, you go. I'll just miss you." She said, sadly.

"I know and I will miss you so much more. If I could sweep you and Elle and take you with me." He chuckled at the end.

Laurel laughed too.

"I'm afraid it's not that kind of trip."

"It is okay, Jason."

"Can I pass by your work and see you one last time before I leave?" He asked.

"Yeah, okay."

"Bye, talk later."

"Bye Jason."

She was sad as she drove to work that morning. It was actually crazy because it was just two days and he will be back. But the truth of what's happening is every moment that passes by she feels like she is just falling more and more for Jason. As she drove, she actually started thinking about the possibility of moving in with him so that she doesn't miss him so much. Was it too soon? I mean everything will them is already jumbled and they were living together slightly before.