37

The morning to the fourth day of Jason's stay. Laurel darted he eyes open that morning and winced as the sun hit her through the rack in the curtains. She blinked some more and saw Elle sleeping ahead of her. Then she also felt some thing around her waist. Her eyes moved down slowly and saw Jason's strong hand around her slim waist. She now felt his body behind hers and also quietly listened to his slow breathing.

How did we end up like this? She wondered. Elle was between them when they slept off last night and now she was in-between her and Jason. She did remember in the middle of the night she kind of switched Elle but in that moment she had forgotten Jason's presence on the same bed which maybe would have led to this position they were in that morning. 

She lay there wondering to to escape Jason's grip or maybe she stayed longer because she liked it. In that moment Jason shifted and his grip only became tighter around her as he pulled her closer to him.

That was when she realized she had to leave! 

Carefully, Laurel pushed away Jason's hand as she moved the opposite direction slowly. She escaped from her bed with the sleeping baby as she quietly really quietly wake him up. 

"Hey, my love." She sniffed her hair. She had missed her baby last night and loved their moments together like this. Elle's hand held onto her tightly as her eyes lazily opened. She let out small murmurs that turned into a yawn.

"I love you. Let's get you all washed up." Laurel smiled and went to the bathroom.

"Mum!"

Ever since the other day when Jason prepared Elle in the morning, he decided to keep doing it. It was their routine now, Laurel gives Elle a bath and Jason gets her dressed and ready. 

When she stepped out of her shower, Jason was awake. He was tucked up in the sheets but his eyes connected with hers as soon as she entered the room. It was quite a sight to see it made her blush her mind circling back to the moment when she woke up, when his arm was around hers. It brought a certain warm sensation around her heart.

"Morning!" She blushed as she passed on Elle wrapped in a towel to him.

"Good morning." He sung, looking at Laurel. He ended up with a smile.

Having nothing else to say, she walked off to her dressing table wondering if he had any idea of how they were that morning. But something told her he knew and was just playing dumb.

"Good morning to you, babygirl."

For a second, Laurel thought he was talking to her. Her heart skipped as she looked up immediately only to catch the reflection in the mirror. He was talking to Elle who copped up on his chest.

"I better get to my duty." He said, sliding off the bed with Elle. "By the way, I will be dropping you off at work today."

"Why, my car is perfectly fine." She said walking into the closet but looking back at him for his response.

"I want to." He shrugged

"That means I'll have to figure out how I'd get back." Her attention turned to pulling out a few clothes for Elle.

"Of course not. I will be picking you as well."

She furrowed her eyebrows wondering why he would suggest it. It was Jason anyway and she was used to him being quite nice. Besides, it does feel good being driven around. "I won't say no."

She threw Elle's clothes to him and smiled, "I'll get ready."

"Great." He smiled.

-