10

The car came to a stop and a shopping mall causing Laurel to slightly open her eyes. She wasn't fully asleep but just resting her eyes. She didn't know how long Jason had been driving but it seemed like the long time to her with the pain and everything.

"Laurel," Jason softly mumbled her name trying to wake her. He assumed she was asleep.

"Yeah." she slowly answered.

"I'm going to grab some supplies that we'll need for the night. Do you want to come with or stay here?" He inquired. She slowly turned her body in the seat to face him.

"No I'll just stay here."

"You'll be okay?"

"Yeah. Just go get them and be back."

"I don't feel like leaving you by yourself. I could have someone just shop for me and just bring the things over at the house." Jason suggested.

"No that's not necessary. I'll be okay." She assured him. She didn't want someone else getting involved or inconvenienced because of her. Of course Jason was used to that kind of life but she wasn't.

"I will be quick." He told before he left the car. As Laurel watched go she smiled at how caring he was being. Her hand went to her belly as she thought of how he or she is going to be lucky with such a father.

Within five minutes Jason was back with the bag of supplies, Laurel had not really moved from the position he left her in. He looked over at her just to ensure she was fine before he started the car to go home.

The drive wasn't that long and before Laurel knew it the car came to a stop. She peeped through the window to try figure out where they are exactly. The area did not seem familiar at all to her and all she saw was a very nice luxury apartment building. It looked expensive just like Jason did. 

"We are here." He told her. "Hold on I'll come help you."

He left the car and moved over to her side. He gently opened the passenger's door and held out his hand for her. She lazily blinked as she held on his hand for support. She managed to leave the car and Jason continued to support her till they got inside. Laurel didn't really pay much attention to her surroundings as she couldn't wait to off her feet. Luckily Jason's floor was not too far up the elevator literally took a second.

"Here we are!" Jason said opening the door to his place. "Um do you want to lie down some more?"

His apartment looked so spotless and shiny. It was grey, black and white themed which gave it a neat look. Everything was where it was supposed to be and looked expensive. There was all sorts of different art hanging on the wall, a few plants in pots spread out. It was quite big an everything was well spaced with a very beautiful and wide view overlooking the city. Basically it was beautiful, Laurel thought.

The place looked new like just bought yesterday which kept Laurel wondering why Jason doesn't stay her often.

"Yeah, definitely."

"Okay, the bedroom is this way." She followed him to what appeared to be his bedroom. How she knew it? It smelled like him.

Jason gently walked over to the large and pulled the covers off. Laurel just kept looking around. In this moment she wished she wasn't sick. She felt so intrigued being in his room, his space, his home that she felt like it would be a good way to get to know him better.

"Laurel."

She turned to look at him or behind him to the bed that he had prepared for her. She slowly walked over to the bed and sat at the edge. She began to slowly remove her shoes then her coat. She felt so weird because Jason's tall figure was standing over her, watching her. Laurel pulled herself back and laid down.