39

Sunday morning, just like the three previous morning, Jason and Laurel shared the bed together. After last night's surprise actions, the two ended up in bed together next to their daughter and cuddled through the night without speaking. Laurel loved the comfort that came with being in his arms. As she woke up that morning and realised, she smiled to herself. She then also noticed that Elle was awake and was kneeling over her, probably she is the one that woke Laurel up.

"Morning sweetheart." She whispered to the child that was staring on with her big blue eyes and a head full of disorganized hair.

"Mama!" Elle whispered back, falling on her.

Laurel could feel Jason's body behind hers though she couldn't tell if he was awake or not. They were both clothed and did not enter the bed naked last night. She pulled Elle on top of her and dragged herself off the bed from the other side. She supported Elle's head on her chest with her hand as she placed kisses on the top of her head. They moved to the bathroom so Laurel could pee.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked her daughter. "Hmm?"

"Mornin'" Elle mumbled.

"Good morning." Laurel smiled and rubbed their noses against each other. It made Elle giggle.

She stood off the toilet, flushing then washing her hands. She then exited the bathroom, Jason was still sleeping. He was facing down so Laurel couldn't really see his face, just his slow breathing and exposed skin as he was not in a shirt.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Laurel asked her little one as they collapsed on the couch together.

"Candy!" Elle smiled with her teeth all out. She had this happy face on.

"No silly, that's too sweet for breakfast."

"Pweese!"

"No, something else. Choose something else." She said as she checked her phone. "Ou, today is sunday. We have that play date with Tracy and Travis. You haven't hang out with them for a while."

"Tracy and Travis." Elle repeated slowly pronounced their names.

"Yes, do you miss them?"

"And Austeen, mommy?"

"Yes, Austin will be their as well. You have a good memory."

Elle giggled at her mother's compliment.

"Are you excited?"

"Yea."

Laurel went ahead with looking through her phone as Elle played with her hair and decided to sing disorganized rhymes.

"....I don't know. Let him choose whoever he wants or Kate can do it. I have done my best, there is nothing more." Jason walked into the room semi screaming on his phone to someone. It immediately attracted Laurel and Elle's attention.

"Yeah, yeah whatever....I can't... Bye now." He disconnected the line.

"Morning." He walked over and placed a kiss on Elle's forehead. It was uncomfortable for Laurel, seeing his face so close to hers but not actually for her. She subconsciously bit her lip which attracted Jason's attention as he pulled away. They shared a brief eye contact.

"Morning." Laurel mumbled shyly. "Is something wrong?"

"No, just my dad. He got discharged yesterday by the way. Yesterday." He told her while standing.

A frown formed on her face. "Ohh, I didn't know."

"I did not get time to mention it yesterday."