45

The week went on fairly well for Laurel nothing really special happened just her usual normal routine with her daughter. What caught her attention that week was how much Elle was growing. She was saying more words now, trying to construct sentences not her usual one-word things. Laurel was happy and proud surely.

It was Thursday and Laurel got a random day off work which she welcomed very well. She decided to spend the day with her best friend since she was also free. They met up early shortly after breakfast because Ivy wanted to do some shopping to add some decorations to her house. As they were shopping together, Laurel took the time to catch her up on her and Jason being together. Ivy didn't know yet and Laurel had been avoiding the conversation over the phone, she wanted to have it in person.

"Oh wow, oh wow wow, when did this happen?" She squealed stopping her tracks. Her eyes widened and her mouth 'o' shaped.

"Right after the dinner at your house. Speaking of which that was so awkward." Laurel answered calmly.

"Yeah, I sensed that but I thought it was because you guys were shy being around us."

"No, we had slept together that night. That's why." She revealed, folding her lips at the end.

"What! Laurel Renne Edwards, Elle's mother where have you been keeping all of this from me?" Ivy reacted walking ahead to face her and folding her arms on her chest.

"This is why I wanted to tell you in person. I have just been so busy."

"Been so busy getting dirty with him?" She winked and smirked.

"Yeah, and guilty."

"Laurel!!!" Ivy screamed in disbelief with a smile on her face.

They winded up with everything and got to Ivy's place. Every single time she had a question about Laurel and Jason's new relationship she wasn't shy to bring it up and Laurel went ahead and answered her. As they figured out where to set up the new things in Ivy's house and redecorate it, it felt like old times in their former packed apartment dishing about him. Elle was also doing her kind of thing, watching cartoons and occasionally stealing some of the decorations they had bought and hiding them.

"I've realized your place is like has such a home vibe. I like it." Laurel said. She was seated cross-legged on the floor. "As compared to mine which literally screams single mother and a child."

"No, I think it's just because this is bigger."

"Jason's place is bigger too has like three bedrooms but it more like a bachelor needing a lot of space vibe."

"Maybe you can turn it into a more home vibe as you want. It's all about the decorating." Ivy sung. She too was on the floor organising a few supplies that they had bought.

"Like move in?"

"Oh my God, are you guys moving in together?"

"I don't know. He really wants me to but I am still thinking about it."

Ivy frowned her eyes at her, "What are you so afraid of? I mean you guys have a kid together, and now are together together. You think it's going to go downhill from that?"

"I have been independent for my life for so long that I can't imagine going and living with someone and being dependent on them for some things."

"It's not so bad." She mumbled.

"I just imagine right now, you can come over anytime to my place and sleepover if you'd like or you know the way Iris pops up usually. What will happen when I move in with Jason? Won't things change? Won't I be too much in his space?" Laurel said. These were really all the thoughts about it in her mind.