17

I don't know what's like to have a baby but I did some research to make this as accurate as possible. You can go on with reading now......

37 weeks long...

Laurel and Ivy were currently seated in the hospital waiting room. It had only been two weeks after her last appointment but since her due date was nearing her OB insisted she comes in more regularly. Laurel seconded it because she had been under a lot of emotional stress lately and wanted to make sure it didn't have any bad effect on the baby.

Ivy came along because Laurel was being a monster lately. She hated everything and everyone around her. She was cold, shut off and most of all heartbroken and the pregnancy was making everything worse. Ivy knew it wasn't Laurel's fault that's why she tried to be patient with her. It was probably the hormones, the stress of being pregnant and Jason. Bloody Jason! Ivy hated him now with every bone in her body. That's why she was here. She wanted to make sure Laurel wouldn't be alone and under up feeling bad for Jason bailing. 

Laurel had no idea though. In fact according to her Ivy was smothering. She wanted to be alone. That's why they were seated right to each other but barely talking. Ivy was buried in a magazine chewing on gum and Laurel was just looking at everyone around her.

She started watching the couple next to her. They weren't fine. The lady was crying and her partner or husband was hovering over her trying to calm her down.

"It's not your fault." The guy said to the crying lady.

'It is! It is, you don't know because you weren't the one carrying." She yelled, pushing him away. Laurel's heart dropped. This lady had just suffered a miscarriage.

"We, we can try again." He said desperately trying to make her feel better. Laurel cringed, that was just the wrong thing to say. She had just lost a baby. That is not what you say to woman who had lost a baby. He has no idea what it feels to be pregnant. He needs to help her get through this not talk about trying again like nothing happened. Laurel wished she could help out but she really couldn't.

In that moment she touched her bump and feeling the baby move made her feel a certain way. She looked back at that couple and realized something. She was glad she wasn't them.

"Laurel Edwards." Her name was called snapping her out of her thoughts. She stood up and turned to Ivy, "I'll go by myself."

Ivy respected her decision, nodded and sat tight. 

Laurel walked into the examination room alone once again.

"Hey Laurel, how are you doing today?" She asked with so excitement. It bothered her.

"It's hard to tell but not so well." She answered honestly. She didn't feel fine emotionally even physically and she did not know if that meant the baby too.

"We'll soon find out." The doctor asked looking over a clipboard. "So no Jason still?"

Laurel's heart skipped at the mention of his name. "No!"

"Oh -"

"Yeah, things just got complicated quickly." She said, explaining it in the best way she knew how.

The doctor did not have a reply to that. Laurel saw her sad face and didn't blame her. I know, what kind of guy leaves a pregnant woman during her last trimester.

"Okay, let's start......."

The appointment didn't take too long and Laurel was glad for that. Everything just irritated her nowadays. As soon as she got to the waiting room she locked eyes with Ivy.