18

1 Year Later!!!

Jason stood outside of the familiar door contemplating his decision to be there. He had been here a number of times before but this time was different. He did not know would be on the other side of that door but he had to try. It was one year later and Jason was set out to find Laurel. He made a mistake. He wanted to correct it.

He knew his chances of actually finding Laurel here were slim. What are the odds that she still lived here? That she would even want to see him again. He hated that the last time he saw her he had hurt her. Every time he thought about it he cringed. 

He was here to tell her how he felt. How he truly felt about her.

Jason stepped towards the door and knocked on it slightly. He felt his heart pounding immediately. To his dismay, the door was answered by an unrecognizable face. It was a middle aged man. 

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Yes, yes actually. I'm looking for someone, a friend of mine. Laurel, is she here?" Jason asked, remaining hopeful.

"I'm sorry. There is no one here by that name." The man answered.

"It's okay." Jason said trying to hide his disappointment. "She used to live here I guess I just thought - wait how long have you lived here."

"I moved in about six months ago." The man was polite enough to answer Jason's questions.

"Okay, thank you." Jason sadly turned around and walked away. He was bummed that she wasn't here. He knew he had to find her and he had to figure out a way how. That's when an idea popped and he ran with it.

Jason located the apartment's leasing office. He was not leaving this place till he got at least some information on Laurel.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" 

He found a man in the office. He had no idea if he was the manager or something else but he was seated behind a desk so he most definitely he had some information. He looked harmless not intimidating at all. Jason hoped he would be able to help.

"I had a friend of mine who lived in one of the apartments but sadly I got to know she moved out." Jason said. His tone sounded unsure.

"Which apartment is this?"

"4D."

"Oh, I actually knew the girls who lived there. Yes, they moved out." The man confirmed, looking at Jason.

"Do you know where they went? Did they leave an address or something? Why did they move out? When?"

Jason's countless questions earned him a strange look from the apartment manager.

"I'm sorry," Jason apologized. "It's just one of those girls is really important to me and I have to find her."

The man stared at Jason before speaking, "They actually moved out at different times. One moved out a year ago and the other about six months after. The one who moved out last did leave address for her mail."

"Who moved out last? Laurel or Ivy?"

"I don't know. I knew them by there faces but I never got to separate them by name. Too many people in this building."

Jason thought of a way to describe them but figured it would be useless. There was one address available and he had to go with that.

"Can't you check whose name is under the address?"