44

Thrilled with excitement of Laurel and Elle staying with him for the night, Jason did not waste anytime before giving them the grand tour of the place starting with what would be Elle's room. Laurel peeped inside with Elle on her hip and Jason behind her, his one hand on her lower back. All the four walls were painted in a bright pink color with a white plain bed seated right in the middle, and that was all that was with the room. It was big though, the dream bedroom she would have wanted for her daughter. The bed was also big enough in a way that she'll b able to sleep in it for some time. She could already picture all of it.

"I would like you to decorate however you'd like." Jason mumbled, a smile dancing on his face.

"Sure thing," she smiled not putting any promises to it.

He then went ahead to show her the guest bedroom with was empty and all neat and another room that looked like a study or an office, she couldn't tell. Lastly, he led them to his bedroom or as it was in Laurel's mind where they would sleep tonight. He had a smug face on as he let them in. It did not really look that different from the bedroom she had been in at his former place of residence. It had such a bachelor vibe to it but she couldn't help but think of how she would tune it up if she were to live here.

The  rest of the day was peaceful. They decided to watch a movie together to which both Jason and Elle ended up dosing to. Jason was obviously tired from his trip and for Elle it was just her nap time. Laurel suggested that he go to sleep somewhere more comfortable as she carried Elle to her new bedroom. As she laid her down, she prayed silently she doesn't wake due to the new surroundings, new bed and all.

It left her all alone in Jason's place. Of course she welcomed the peace and quiet, when you have a kid you always appreciate that time to yourself. She finished up the movie while enjoying more of his wine and used up the rest of the time to look through all the details in his apartment. Not snooping but rather observing.

She also texted Iris, informing her she will not be back tonight. Iris did not reply. She didn't care as long as her message was delivered.

Elle woke up first slightly after it got dark and Laurel quickly fixed her a bottle as they watched TV together and she just lay on her. She had to admit even though Jason and her have so much history and are together, she didn't feel such as free in his house. She constantly had this feeling that she didn't want to mess anything up.

"Mom?" Elle called out, pulled away from the bottle. "Mommy!"

"Yes baby."

"A we stayin here?"

"Yeah, we are."

"With daddy?"

"Yes with daddy."

"Forever?"

"For the night, sweetie. You like having your own bed?"

"Yes."

"What?" Laurel opened her mouth pretending to be offended. "Your tired of sleeping with me?"

Elle laughed to the top of her lungs and as a reflex Laurel tickled her, "Your tired of me that quick, baby?"

"No."

"That's what I thought."

All the giggles and playing caused Jason to wake up and when he showed up in the living room he was surprised but certainly did not complain. For dinner, they just warmed up what they had for lunch and also they weren't that hungry. They shared a bottle of wine by the couch as Jason went more into detail about his new business venture. Elle was still obsessed by her new tent.