[16] High School Graduation

Year 1...

Merely a year after Alice confessed towards FP that she was carrying his child, they found themselves in the bedroom of her trailer, preparing themselves for their senior Prom.

One last dance, and their times at Riverdale High would be over forever. It was safe to say that for the young parents, it had been a while ride. Not only because they had to deal with a unexpected pregnancy, but just as much because they had to fight for their chances to succeed.

However, all the pain and struggle seemed to have faded away the moment they had seen their baby boy for the very first time, a perfect mix between the eighteen year olds.

With tears streaming down their cheeks they had given each other a look that said it all; they were going to devote their lives to the love and care for their son Charles. No other relationship would ever be more important than the one they had as a family.

Now, the little boy was barely three months old and slept peacefully in the arms of his mother, who was sitting in her prom dress on her unmade bed. She gazed at him lovingly, no part of her wanting to leave him out of her sight, not even for a second.

FP was adjusting his tie when he turned around to look at the mother of his child, and chuckled sweetly when he saw that she was clearly worried about going out for a night.

"Al, he'll be fine." He reassured her and sat down to her to look at the in his eyes perfect baby.

"You think so? It just doesn't feel right to leave him with someone else for the night." Alice turned her head to look at him, her eyes filled with concern. In the three months that her son had been in this world, she hadn't been long without him.

So far, he had stayed with her during the nights so she'd be there to breastfeed him and it happened more often than not that FP slept on the pull-out couch or collapsed next to her in bed not to miss a single second of the improvements of his son.

"We can't take him to prom with us, now can we?" FP arched his eyebrow, trying his hardest to reason with her.

Of course he had trouble leaving his son too, but as a mother he figured it was even harder to give yourself a night off.

"Maybe if I strap him to my chest—" She started to argue, to find any loophole to go to prom without having to leave Charles.

"Alice, it will be fine. Fred's parents are the sweetest people I know. They love babies and they are going to take very good care of our little man, okay?" He placed his hand on her shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly.

There were only four people he trusted with his son, outside of Alice: Hermione, Fred and Fred's parents. Nobody else came even close.

"Sorry, I just have trouble letting go." Alice said a little embarrassed, as her cheeks flushed a pink shade.

A year ago she wouldn't have thought twice about a wild night out filled with shots, but since her life had shifted her priorities had changed completely.

"That's because you're a great mother." He said softly, wanting to make her feel better about her struggle to detach herself.

"You know, maybe I should stay here." Alice suddenly said, feeling to nervous about taking him with her, or leaving him in a house that was new for him.

He had already trouble sleeping and she didn't want to make it worse by changing his surroundings, not even for a night.

"And miss out on a dance with me? You don't want that." FP grinned, hoping that teasing her a little would help loosen her up.