[23] Dropped Your Hand While Dancing

Year 8...

It had happened almost a year ago. After nine years of dating, Fred had gone down on one knee and asked the love of his life to marry him. Hermione had been on cloud nine ever since and knew she was the luckiest woman in the world to be the one to marry no other than Fred Andrews, her high school sweetheart and soulmate for life.

After one busy year of organizing, she had gotten the most wonderful wedding she ever dreamed of as a little girl. Everything was perfect, not only because the venue was breathtaking, or because everyone wanted to know the recipe of their wedding cake, but mostly because they celebrated the love of two people who were destined together.

The afterparty had finally started, something FP had looked forward to most of all. Ceremonies always made him nervous and as best man he had been scared to do something wrong and ruin a day that was supposed to be perfect. Luckily for him, he had done well and now he could finally relax. He made his way towards Alice, who was chatting with her boyfriend.

"Daniel, can I borrow your girl for a bit?" He asked him politely, before whisking her away without another word.

"Because you asked so nicely." Danny joked, but was more than fine with it.

FP extended his hand out for Alice to grab, which she took with a smile. It was the perfect opportunity to dance together, even when they were playing nothing but pop music. He held his hand tightly into her own with the other one placed on her waist, to dance on the beat of the music.

"It's amazing that these two finally got hitched, don't you think?" Alice looked in awe at the couple, who truly were nothing but perfect for one another.

A husband who made sure you weren't spilling any cake on your white wedding dress by carefully holding his hand under every bite she took? Definitely a keeper.

"It took them way too long." FP shook his head in amusement.

Anyone knew that they were going to marry one day, but he recalled Hermione slightly panicking because it took Fred so long to propose. Of course, he had long heard of Fred's plans and he was just waiting for the right moment.

He had done it outside of Riverdale High, on the exact spot where he had locked eyes with her for the very first time and knew he was going to marry her someday. According to Hermione, it had been perfect.

He looked down at Alice, who was deeply sunken into thoughts, staring at the newlywed couple. She truly admired every single thing about their relationship.

"What is it?" He squeezed her hand as he kept on swaying them back and forth on the music. Alice looked up again and met his eyes.

"They really are a fairytale come true. Looking at them is like seeing true love." She said, her eyes twinkling.

To her, they had always been the example of something she wished to find. She was happy with Danny, but when she looked at Fred and Hermione she wondered if it was the same kind of love.

"Nobody is as meant to be together as they are." FP agreed softly, as he shot them a look.

Hermione had abandoned the cake and instead had one hand tightly clapsed with Fred's and the other in Charles'.

"Look at them dancing with Charles." He laughed, as they were happily goofing around with their son. He couldn't think of better godparents, they truly treated them as part of their family.

"They love him so much." Alice smiled at the trio and the smile of joy on her son's face. He was having the time of his life.

"The four of us come a long way." She placed her head against his chest as they kept on dancing. FP's breath hitched for a second, but quickly dismissed it. He breathed out and just enjoyed the moment between the two of them.