Chapter 1

'If I go through with this, I die. If I don't go through with this, we all die'

(Y/N) snuck behind the nearest building in the forest she could find. Luckily for her, everything was within a 5 kilometre radius. The machines dumped outside were broken, beyond repair. Each, rapidly pumped unnecessary amounts of gas. 

Her silhouette proceeded to check on the group, who she had only just met - each locked up, eager to leave. Their bodies quivered with fear, each concerned with saving their own lives. She crawled under the debris which lead to another entrance in this very building. The basement. That was where her essentials for survival were located.

She ripped open the key chains which had already been busted. 

"Come on..." she panicked, aggressively yanking the chains off as fast as she could.

Successful, she busted the doors open. And that was when her time started. The final countdown.

The basement was unbearable as one could only last a few seconds in there, let alone a few hours to save their own life. The sweat drops glistened across her forehead as she proceeded to get what she needed to save the group. Even if it meant giving up her life.

Upon entering, she knew her time was short. With the doors open, she was blessed to have sufficient lighting to help with her goal. Sifting through more debris in this basement, she frantically searched for the desired object.

"SLAM!"

The doors rapidly shut and (Y/N) was left stranded, unable to make it in time. 

And that was the end of that round. And the screen finally read: RESTART THIS LEVEL OR QUIT.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"(Y/N)! DINNER'S READY" a voice exclaimed.

No response. She wrapped up her gaming console, neatly tucking it under her bed. She laid there silently, until her phone alerted her with a series of notifications. One, in particular had sparked her interest for a while. 

Demigod290.

Over the past couple of weeks they'd been talking online, getting to know one another and confiding in each-other. 

It was one of the best ways for her to make friends, given the people at school were nasty enough to be around. The light flashed before her eyes, displaying the message and it's contents

Demigod290: 'Don't worry, you'll get em next time, MissVendetta." 

If there was anyone in her life who could make her smile, setting aside her loved ones, it was Demigod290. His messages would make her day and he was the easiest gamer to talk to. Unlike someone else who she'd despised at school.

"(Y/N), I've called you three times for dinner-" a voice yelled behind the closed door.

She jerked herself up as her phone faceplanted the floor. Simultaneously, the door busted open, revealing her father standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. Pouting.

"You have school tomorrow. Eat your dinner and get to bed." he instructed in the most stern manner.

There was no place she'd rather be, after all.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After a long day of classes, she'd set herself down in a classroom, along with a small group of students. The atmosphere was quiet, but very welcoming. Of all classes, this was one where she was able to quietly express herself.