Chapter 8

A/N: Here's a big treat for you guys! I hope you enjoy! Happy Reading

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The week at school had been anything but enjoyable. Seeing her rival more than she needed to had ruined her mood. (Y/N) grasped her phone from her pocket, only to see a text from Chris, encouraging her to hangout with him at his workplace.

To get her moving, he'd offered her more credits than he was willing to sell, over at the arcade. Excited, (Y/N) headed out the door with her usual pocket money. One of the biggest perks about having dads who worked all day or night was having freedom.

As she locked up, she jogged over to Golf N' Stuff, the closest arcade she could find. She was blessed to have a friend like Chris, working there.

When she arrived, she trotted over to find Chris, only to see Demetri and the rest of his friends talking to him. She waited to see if he'd notice her.

"We're not on school property, this is our chance to fight back." Sam explained.

She secretly followed the group, hiding behind the nearest object. As they headed for the laser tag room, she crept up closer to get a good look. The next thing she knew, the lights were out. All she could see was the dark blue lighting taking over. 

- - - - - - - - - - 

Grunting, punching, kicking and yelling echoed across the laser tag room as the group separated, each finding one person to fight. (Y/N) gasped in shock, unsure of what to do. She hid in the corner, panicking. 

A kick to the shin. A kick to the head. A punch on the stomach. It all got progressively worse. An overwhelmed (Y/N) was unable to take in what she was seeing. For her, it was pointless getting involved.

"What the hell is going on?" she whispered, finding a way to get out. 

Soon as she intended on leaving, she noticed a group hovering over a single fight. 

"Do it!" one of them yelled.

"Finish him! He deserves it." another chimed.

(Y/N) stepped in from the side, trying to get a good look as to who was involved. She bent over to catch a small glimpse of the face. When she realised who it was, her eyes expressed nothing but shock.

"No no no Eli, stop it's me!" Demetri whimpered. "Help me!"

(Y/N) could feel her legs shaking. She attempted to fight it off as much as she could, realising no one was actually going to step in to help him. As Demetri was pressed to the floor, unable to do anything, she noticed the same boy with the red mohawk on top, about to initiate the inevitable damage.

Finally able to step in to save Demetri in time, (Y/N) froze again. 

CRACK!

Demetri's screams echoed across the room. Before she could make it, the damage was already done. Soon as the group left, Demetri was left, laying on the floor in excruciating pain. (Y/N) found herself in front of a visual display of destruction. 

Even though it wasn't her fault, she'd blamed herself for not stepping in on time. The silence in between his screams was unnerving and eerie. 

She slowly knelt before him, still frozen and traumatised by what she saw. Not as much as the pain he was going through, however. There was no match between the two.

"Demetri..." she whispered. 

And before she knew it, the paramedics were already on their way.