Chapter 23

A/N: Hey guys I'm back! It's been a hectic and intense week. I'm in for another one of those soon. Sorry to keep you all waiting.

Unfortunately, as much as I loved writing this story, I have decided to wrap things up here and this will be the last chapter. 

I'm going to be completely honest here. I've aimed to write a wholesome fanfiction for Demetri. Nothing too intense because I wanted to keep things simple throughout the story. He's one hell of a sweet boy but I personally think there isn't enough for me to work with when it comes to his character.

Don't get me wrong though, he's an amazing character. Not much is known about him and I find it insanely difficult to make a plot out of something I can't use or don't know.

I apologise if I have disappointed anyone here and couldn't meet your expectations - if you were expecting more out of this story. Please read the next page after this chapter for some important information I will be revealing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After prom and the fight, West Valley hadn't been the same. Many had taken some time off of school as the Cobra Kai gang were questioned for their behaviour - again. In the midst of their temporary break, it was (Y/N)'s birthday coming up.

She wasn't the biggest fan of celebrating or throwing big parties. But she was in for quite a surprise. She made her way to Smitty's - now her go to if she had no where else to go. (Y/N) texted her gamer friend, prompting him to join her in celebrating her birthday.

Her phone popped up repeatedly with notifications as she frantically replied to every text that proceeded to blow up her phone. Until the final text prompted her to turn around.

Her head jerked back, followed by her hair which now rested on the other side of her head. She glanced at the person in front of her from the waist first. Her eyes trailed up to the rest of his body, examining his choice of clothes, shoes and finally his face. His hair was unkempt - at least for now.

"Demetri... what are you doing here?" she asked, confused.

Demetri stepped closer to her, just as confused. He pulled out his phone and double checked the texts being sent back and forth. The confusion in his face was visible.

"I'm here to see a friend of mine..." he responded, clearly experiencing a dejavu. "What are you doing here?"

(Y/N) checked her phone as well, wondering what that had to do with her question. She pulled out her phone in front of Demetri and proceeded to shoot her gamer friend a text.

Ding!

Demetri's phone screen lit up with a notification. He covered his mouth in nothing but complete shock. From processing the events, his phone left his hand, sliding past his grip like an ice cube melting.

"Demetri. We were complaining about each other to each other." (Y/N) confirmed, just as shocked.

He blinked vigorously, snapping out of his moment to pick up his phone. (Y/N) beat him to it, handing him back his phone. Demetri let out a chuckle, retrieving his phone and opened the door for (Y/N) - just as a gentleman would open the door for his lady as courtesy.

The two went in, catching up on their gaming shenanigans. To them, it came off as a big surprise but also a relief at the same time. 

"I just want you to know..." (Y/N) blurted, holding Demetri's hand whilst intertwining her fingers around his. "I quit Cobra Kai. For good." 

"I'm happy for you. That place is all kinds of messed up." he agreed, proud of her decision.

"Yeah I know, soon as I saw Sensei Kreese wiping off blood from the mats, I bolted." she chuckled, hoping she'd never have to cross those kids and their twisted sensei ever again. Although it was inevitable that she would, she always had the Miyagi Dos behind her back. 

Demetri poked her side, causing (Y/N) to flinch. She squealed, enough for everyone at the diner to pause and stare at her in confusion. Clearing her throat, she shoved Demetri to the side - only it was gentle this time.

"Woah hey... We can always spar when we get home." he winked. "It's a public place, (Y/N). What are you doing?"

(Y/N) dragged him over to a table, shoving him towards the chair by the table. She sat opposite him, signaling mixed emotions. On one hand, she shot a mini death glare his way which was quickly replaced with a smile on her face.

"Look at you. That smug look on your stupid face. I can't believe I'm with you." she laughed, dramatically getting up to leave.

Upon noticing, Demetri clutched her wrist, pulling her next to him. The smirk only grew across his face as he knew he had the upper hand.

"And here you are, stuck with me-- Actually I'm stuck with you!" he retorted, holding the other side of her waist.

As their complimentary starters was being served, (Y/N) noticed Demetri leaning in to kiss her. She smirked and held out a small handful of fries, shoving them in his mouth one by one.

"You were saying?" she mocked, nibbling on another fry she took off the plate.

"I hate you-" Demetri spoke, with a mouthful of fries.

She pretended she was unable to hear him, waiting for him to swallow what he was chewing. When he was finished, (Y/N) proceeded to speak again.

"I know, I love me too." 

Demetri and (Y/N) spent their time at Smitty's, given this was just the start of their relationship. They'd stayed together, having shared many common interests - both online and in person. 

They realised just how much they needed to be around each other and this time, no potential circumstance could interrupt what they have. Because what they have is real. 

"Demetri." (Y/N) prompted, tugging the hem of his shirt. "I have one more question."

"You don't say." he shot back, in the middle of slurping his drink.

"How are we going to tell the others?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -