Chapter 21

A/N: Behold! My next chapter. I've left some of you in a cliffhanger so, let's get that out of the way so you guys aren't left guessing anymore. Happy reading!

- - - - - - - - - -

Prom night. The most important night of the year, where you can dress as your most authentic self. (Y/N) spent a moment tucking her stomach in, buckling her corset as firmly as she could. She made sure to still be able to breathe and get comfortable, should she be compelled to spend a long time on her feet.

She walked over the her closet, finally pulling out the dress she'd been meaning to wear for a short period of time. After slipping into it, she traced the v-line forming across her chest. She gently squeezed the satin, admiring the dark green colour she pulled off. She proceeded to tighten the thin straps on both sides of her dress. 

(Y/N) dusted herself off and turned over to the door, simultaneously combing her hair. Her dads stood by the door, admiring her.

"Babe, get the camera, quick!" Jonah urged.

As (Y/N)'s dad fetched the camera, Jonah clapped his hands, enjoying the moment and exactly what was in front of him. He was one proud dad.

"Dad, it's just prom." she chuckled, braiding her hair into a long fish tail.

Jonah sighed, keeping her company before the mini photoshoot. He picked up the pins on his daughter's desk, gently slipping them through (Y/N)'s soft, (h/c) locks. She faced the mirror, looking herself in the eye. And this was where the tension was building up. Gradually.

Tory's plan at lunch was a thought she couldn't shake off. Finishing a fight and defending yourself as well as your honour was one thing. And starting a fight was another. (Y/N) uncomfortably shifted, knowing exactly what events were going to unfold tonight.

"Sweetheart..." Jonah mumbled, with a hair pin in his mouth, whilst his hands were busy finishing off (Y/N)'s fish tail braid. 

"Yeah, dad?" 

"You know, prom's a special night..." he hinted while attempting not to bring Demetri up. 

"I know, Dad. What's your point?" 

"I'm just saying. Whatever's in your mind, get it out there tonight." 

(Y/N)'s eyebrows met at the centre of her forehead, hence she frowned after hearing this from her dad. Yes, something was bothering her. But how could she tell him she was part of the plan? Torn between Tory's plan as well as her old friends and her family, she had a choice to make. 

The change in her was unreal and Jonah wasn't the first one to point that out. (Y/N)'s dad brought the camera out as Jonah took it in his hands with great care.

"Alright sweetheart, grab your wallet and smile!" he cooed as she laughed at him mimicking a photographer.

After a few photos were taken, Jonah was seen clenching a pair of keys in his hands. He stepped forward, taking (Y/N)'s by the wrist. He opened up her palm, handing her a pair of keys to his car. Her eyes darted at the keys for a moment as a froze, not knowing what to do. (Y/N) blinked vigorously at the keys, then at Jonah.

"Dad, you never let me drive your car. Why now?" she gasped, still not believing her eyes.

"I want you to enjoy tonight. And be responsible."

She happily took the keys, bolting straight for the car. However, a split second later, (Y/N) rushed back to her room, reaching for her phone and wallet. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The crowd was wild, once (Y/N) reached the school gym. She smiled, seeing everyone completely dressed up for the night. Tucking her keys and phone in her large sized wallet which matched her dress, she moved around to see if she could find anyone familiar.