10: My World

prepare for very long dialogues in this chapter lol (also this was rushed af)

...

The morning sun shone into Y/N's room, but the girl had already been awake since the birds started chirping and the sun was still below the horizon. Lisa had let her borrow Elemental Visions (III), a book containing all the information available on the power-wielding jewels, written by the scholar herself. Y/N had planned to pull an all-nighter to study the novel, but she fell asleep in the middle and woke up early instead. She didn't know why she was doing this. She didn't want a Vision anyways. But she felt drawn to this information, her mind was burning with questions. Which God was responsible for rewarding them? What were they made of? How are the recipients determined? Again, it's not because she wanted a Vision, or anything like that.

She sighed, closing the book and getting prepped for the day. Y/N was going to meet Amber at the Good Hunter, as per usual. However, the brunette had to cancel.

"Our chief alchemist needs some assistance with his research, so I'll be up in Dragonspine first thing tomorrow!" she said.

And so, Y/N made her way up to the restaurant herself.

"Good morning adventurer! What can I get you for today?" the waitress greeted happily.

"Hmmm...just the Breakfast Sandwiches today. And apple juice, please."

"She'll have that to go.",a voice interrupted.

Y/N turned around to see a blonde traveler and his companion standing behind her.

"Oh! Hey guys!" she smiled.

"What are you doing here? Do you want me to order you something?"

"Oh! Oh! Yes please! Paimon wants a stack of pancakes, maybe some toast, and a-"

Paimon was cut off by Aether slapping his hand across her mouth.

"Ignore her." he said, his smile never leaving his face.

"Pack your things, we're going to Liyue."

Y/N choked on air.

"What? Now?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

The girl was taken aback by Aether's sudden impromptu trip. He could've at least let her know ahead of time.

"Anyway, let's meet at Springvale in 30, okay?"

"O-okay?"

"Great! See you Y/N!"

"Don't forget to bring Paimon's food for her!", the pixie added.

And with that, the two were gone.

...

The trio met at the small, neighboring village not long after and began their journey to Liyue Harbour.

It was a smooth expedition, they encountered a few slimes here and there, but it was no problem for the adventurers to handle. Aether noticed an increase in Y/N's confidence and swiftness while fighting the monsters. He smiled. Her battle skills have improved quite a bit since her first day in Teyvat. It was mesmerizing; the way she twirled the heavy, metal spear in her hands, striking her opponents as if the weapon was just another limb on her body. Still, she had a lot to learn. Aether thought that he could get Xiangling to teach her a few tips.

Y/N knew the exact moment in which they reached Liyue. There was a drastic environmental change: cliffs turned to mountains reaching higher than the eye could see, different plants and vegetables scattered across the landscape, and beautiful wooden architecture decorated the path. The atmosphere felt mystical and dreamlike, like the setting for an ancient, legendary tale, whereas Mondstat was better compared to an adventure, fantasy novel.