40: Visions (2)

hey lol

.

.

.

"I find it weird that you don't have a Vision."

Y/N looked up from her feet, straightening her upper body to relax from a hamstring stretch.

"Hm?"

Childe grinned. "I said, I find it weird that you don't have a Vision."

The girl rolled her eyes. It was early - 6 AM to be exact - and Y/N did not have the patience for this.

 "Warm up already, geez! Is this another attempt to woo me into joining you?"

"Maybe," the harbinger chuckled. "But I do find it peculiar. Outlanders usually attract the attention of the gods right away. And they don't judge you morally, so I think you'd be quite the capable candidate."

Y/N narrowed her eyebrows, not sure if she wanted to pry on the "morality" part. "Okay...?"

"No need to glare at me like that. I'm just telling it how I see it," Childe hummed. "Don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll get one soon."

Y/N bit the insides of her cheeks as she considered Childe's words. It was true: she wanted a Vision, and badly. And to be fair, she thought she deserved on too. She had real connections with the people around her, who all just happened to wield elemental powers. She had impacted them enough to be considered 'significant', and yet, there was no proof; no fruit to bear for her determination.

"I hope you're right..." she muttered, twirling her spear to her side.

Childe grinned.

"I know I'm righ-" He widened his eyes. "Gah! Dammit!"

"Huh?" Y/N sputtered. "What happened?"

"I forgot the harbingers were having a meeting today!" he hissed. "Signora is going to kill me! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!"

Y/N dropped her jaw, unamused.

"Well hurry up and get going then!" she yelled.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I'll meet you here later tonight!"

The traveler nodded her head, waving as Childe rushed away.

...

Every morning, the citizens of Mondstat would awake to the melodious sounds of a lyre plucking delicate tunes in harmony with the voice of a familiar bard. Especially during a high-tension political crisis, this daily recurrence offered some sense of comfort to the anxious public.

However, Venti was not there today. He was in a back-alley instead, for Y/N seemed to have something important to say.

"How come I don't have a Vision?"

Venti blinked. Once. Then twice.

"W-what?"

"I don't mean to come off as rude," Y/N stammered, "I was just...wondering. Is it because I'm not capable enough? What criteria do I have to meet?"

The bard giggled awkwardly at the traveler's bluntness. This wasn't a question many have dared to ask, nor was it one he had the answer too.

"There's not any set requirements, per say...." He scratched the back of his head. "Why? Do you want one?"

"I don't exactly want one," Y/N huffed. "I just don't understand why I'm not worthy of one."

Venti sighed, he had long feared taking this subject into consideration.