Chapter Five

There was a chance that Elijah would find her. There was a chance that he knew where his little sister was...

•••

It was all in a letter he had been given by a witch who had approached him in Mystic Falls. She claimed to be a friend of his mother but Elijah was hesitant to believe her. But, when she handed him a letter from her mother, Elijah began having second thoughts.

The letter wasn't written to him but it spoke of another girl. Amelia was her name. He didn't think it was any of his concern at first but when his mother wrote about how she hid this daughter of hers from the rest of her children, how she wiped all of her memories from their minds, Elijah was more intrigued than ever. She lived with another witch named Esme and Elijah decided to make it his mission to find her. To get to know this so called sister of his.

Esme was easy to break with the leverage he had bought along with him. There had been a spell casted on him along with his other siblings that Esme had removed by magic and it suddenly all came back to Elijah. Though it was long ago, Elijah remembered the times he would care for his younger sister, the times he would play with her, the time they feasted together, the time they were happy together and that one time she suddenly disappeared.

Elijah had finally found her at the location Esme had found for him. He found her late in the evening as she was walking through the streets alone. She kept looking around as if she knew someone was following her and then she just stopped walking altogether. She hasn't turned around yet and Elijah could hear her palpitating heart. She turned around ever so slowly and she looked at him with fear glimmering in her eyes.

"Hello, little sister." Elijah said as he stepped closer to her and heard her heart still beating rapidly.

"B- brother," she nodded timidly "you've finally found me." She inhaled shakily.

"Indeed," he replied "all thanks to your witch, Esme, I believe her name was."

"Ah, yes. I heard about the torture you inflicted on her sister." She now stepped closer as she crossed her arms on her chest and Elijah chuckled slightly.

"A necessary evil to find you, dear sister." He pointed at her and Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Well," she put her arm out either side of her "you've found me now. What torture do you wish to inflict on me, brother?" She joked

"None for now," Elijah commented "how about we sit somewhere and talk." Elijah suggested and the girl nodded.

•••

Amelia and Elijah were sitting in the living room now of Amelia's new house. Well, Amelia was sitting and Elijah was looking around the house; every so often picking up an item, inspecting it and then placing it back down where it was.

"I like this place," he nodded approvingly "who did you have to kill to obtain it?" He smirked.

"No one," she quickly answered "I don't live up to every vampire stereotype dear brother." She mumbled cynically and heard Elijah scoff.

"Oh, why not?" He replied teasingly and Amelia just rolled her eyes again.

"Why are you really here, Elijah?" She sighed.

"Why have you been hiding from us for all this time, Amelia?" He asked in the same tone.

"Well, you aren't exactly the type of siblings I would want to live with now, are you?" Amelia replied after a short pause and Elijah sat down opposite her.

"Well, I can not argue with that," he muttered "but I am certain, if you hadn't had a spell casted on us to wipe the memory of yourself and hadn't hid from us for all these years, we wouldn't have been as horrible as you think of us to be." Elijah explained to the girl.

"Elijah you know better than anyone that I did not ask for this," she breathed "mother turned us into these blood-sucking demons and we both know the biggest demon of all," she stopped and could tell Elijah knew who she was talking about "our brother, Klaus. Do you really think he would accept me? Another one of mother's mistakes. The other mistake that managed to escape Michael's wrath."