Chapter Seven

Amelia finally opened her eyes and looked around to see she was in a dark room. Her blurred vision slowly came back into focus the longer her eyes were opened. She couldn't see much but a crack of light on the floor to her right which she guessed was where the door was. She was sitting on a chair and every time she tried to move, the rope that tied her wrists down burned into her skin. Almost like the rope was soaked into an acid of some sort.

Vervain. Whoever had done this knew what she was but who was it?

She heard the door creak and quickly closed her eyes as she heard light footsteps getting louder and louder until she felt someone's face close to hers; their warm slow breathing brushing against her cheek.

"She still isn't up," she heard a voice say "why isn't she up?" He questioned in a scared tone.

"I don't know, brother," said another voice, which was further away "maybe she'll wake up with a true love's kiss," he mocked his brother.

"Really?" The brother that was closer to her sounded fed up "not the time Damon." His voice got further away.

Damon. That name sounded so familiar.

"I'm just saying, you're the one that dated her, Stefan, not me," she heard Damon say and Amelia's heart dropped. Stefan. She definitely remembered that name. How could she ever forget it? She opened her eyes very slowly and turned her head towards the door to see a jet black haired man leaned against the door frame and another brunette haired one standing with his back to her "good morning, sunshine," Damon smirked as he caught her eye over his brothers shoulder and strode into the room "did you have a good sleep?" He questioned mockingly.

"What am I doing here and why the bloody hell have you tied me up like this?" She growled as the vervain burned into her skin even more now as she tried to move her hands.

"Amelia." Stefan brushed past Damon.

"Stefan," she looked at him "what are you doing?" She asked him quietly as Stefan got closer to her.

"Look, we don't want to hurt you we just," He began with a sigh.

"Ehh!" Damon growled with a roll of eyes "My brother the peace maker. We're using you as hostage." Damon interrupted and Stefan looked down as he shook his head slightly and Amelia could tell that this is not how he wanted this to go.

"Using me as hostage?" She looked between both of the brothers "for what reason?"

"Hmm let's see," Damon pretended to think for a second as he tapped his chin and squinted his eyes "oh, your psychotic brother Klaus perhaps."

"My brother," she looked at him now and couldn't help but laugh "you poor fellows," she shook her head slowly "you really think my psychotic brother cares about me?"

Both of the Salvatore brothers looked between each other before looking back at the girl in front of them.

•••

"We don't care if Klaus wants you dead or alive. As long as it..." Damon said with no remorse for what klaus will do to the girl once he finally finds out she exists. But before he could finish, he was cut of by his brother.

"What Damon means to say it that your Klaus' family and family mean a great deal to him from what we have seen." Stefan spoke hoping he could get Amelia on board with their plan but Damon just scoffed with a roll of eyes.

"Well Stefan, there's only one problem then." Amelia spoke and Stefan looked at the girl with narrowed eyes.

"Well don't be shy now, princess." Damon said in his cocky tone, wanting to hear what she had to say.