Chapter Twenty Three

Damon walked into the Salvatore boarding house parlour and saw Amelia sitting there with a bottle of his alcohol in her hand.
"One hell of a party, don't you think?" Amelia teased as she drank another sip from the bottle.

Damon went and sat next to her. He took the bottle from his hands and took a sip of his own. "First thing, that's my Burbon and I definitely need it more than you and second thing, where the hell were you tonight?" Damon asked in a sour mood.

"Watching the whole show from a safe spot, which was Mrs Lockwood's bedroom, I think." Amelia said as she took the bottle back. "Away from my dear old brother and father." Amelia said before taking another sip. Damon just watched the girl closely. "Tell me Damon, how did it feel when Stefan played his part in all of this ever so well." Amelia mocked. Damon forced a smirk on his lips. "I don't know what else you expected really by trusting a vampire with his switch flipped." Amelia said with a scoff.

She went to take another sip from the bottle but Damon stopped her. She looked at him with a raised brow before he smashed his lips on Amelia. Amelia kissed him back and their lips moved in sync together. Damon pulled away from the kiss, breathing heavily and Amelia looked in to his eyes, studying him, just like she did with everyone.

"I'm sorry." He spoke with only sorrow and pain in his eyes. His hands still stayed cupping her cheeks But before she knew it, everything before her eyes went dark as her lifeless body fell into Damon's arms.

"Let's get this over with." Damon snarled at Bonnie, who stood at the door, before looking back at the girl who's neck he had just snapped.

•••

Amelia woke with a massive headache and a very sore neck. She looked around as her vision came back into focus and she was laying on the couch in the parlour, exactly where she was sitting with Damon earlier. She looked around confused as she rubbed her sore neck with one hand. "Son of a bitch." She growled under her breath as she stretched her neck a little.

"So she didn't need a Prince to kiss her awake, bummer." Damon mocked with a faux pout, standing leaning against the frame of the door. Amelia instantly vamp sped towards him but hit an invisible barrier directly in front of him.

"You know that witch is dead as soon as I get out of here, right?" Amelia said sourly as she wore a devilish smirk on her face. Damon walked in and past Amelia. She instantly pinned him against the wall and pressed her hand firmly around his neck.

"Easy there princess, you don't want to break a nail now, do you?" Damon teased. Amelia's face went slightly red with anger as she applied more pressure on Damon's wind pipe. "Okay, okay, I'll explain." Damon forced his words out.

Amelia let go of him as she walked to Damon's supply of alcohol again. She picked up another bottle, throwing the lid on the floor as she walked back over to the couch and sat down.
"Look," Damon began to explain with a sigh. "Bonnie's under the impression that you helped Klaus somehow last night." Damon explained and Amelia just looked at him unamused.

Well she did but they didn't need to know that.

"So she waved her wand, placed a little boundary spell around the house, so anyone can enter or leave apart from you." Damon said as he pointed to Amelia. "She wanted to do this spell in the Lockwood cellar, but I got her to agree to do it here, in the parlour." Damon said proudly as he put his hands out either side of him.

"And what, I'm supposed to thank you for the upgrade?" Amelia said in a blunt tone. She scoffed with a roll of eyes before drinking a big sip from Damon's alcohol bottle.

"Something like that." Damon huffed as he went to get himself a drink.

"So I'm on house arrest due to a hunch the Bennett witch has," Amelia scoffed. "Just bloody great." She added with a roll of her eyes before taking another sip from the bottle.