Chapter Twenty Six

Elijah opened the main door to see Stefan and Damon standing either side of Amelia outside. He could see the look of curiously on his sisters face. He knew she would be wondering of all the things Elijah and Niklaus had planned for this evening. Her mind would be racing around, trying to figure out what it is that the two brothers were truly planning. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah spoke but not before giving his sister a smile. He gave her a small nod in reassurance which Amelia just scoffed at. She never did like surprises.

"Damon. Stefan. Elijah here tells me you seek an audience. Very bold." Klaus spoke as the two brothers walked in to the mansion first. "Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?" He said before his eyes landed on Amelia. "Hello love, I didn't realised you would be joining us this evening?" Klaus spoke with a smile.

"That makes the two of us." Amelia spoke with a scoff as she gave her elder brother Elijah a side eye. "Let's get this over with then, shall we?" She pulled off her jacket, handing it to Elijah as she walked past the two Mikaelson men and into the dining room before the rest. Elijah could tell that Amelia was slightly on edge. She never liked not knowing.

Everyone just stood in the dining room. The table was set out with lots of food on them and there were two compelled servants standing by them, either sides.

"And I expected nothing less." Amelia mumbled with a roll of eyes at the set up in front of them. Going over the top was always Klaus' specialty.

"It's better to indulge him." Elijah spoke, breaking the silence as Stefan looked unamused.

"That it is." Amelia mumbled, not loud enough for anyone else's ears though. Almost like she had thought it and the words never left her lips.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out." Stefan spoke sourly as he looked directly at Klaus.

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours." Klaus said with a smile, causing Amelia to snicker under her breath.

"I'll give you points for creativity, that's for sure." Amelia mumbled as they all made their way over to the table and sat down, Amelia being the first. Everyone started eating all the delicious food well, everyone except Stefan.

•••

"Thank you, love." Damon spoke as one of the servants poured him some wine.

"You lost your appetite." Klaus spoke and everyone looked towards the brooding Stefan.

"Eh, broody Stefan." Amelia scoffed and didn't realise that she had said it out loud until Damon looked at her. "Don't we just love him?" She spoke with a obvious fake smirk towards Damon who raised his brows at the girl for a split second.

The older Salvatore let out a sigh as he turned from the brunette to his younger brother. "Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home."

"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Four of us dining together?" Klaus said as Amelia cleared her throat to make her presence aware.
"My apologies, five with the lovely..." he paused, and that's when he realised that he didn't even know the girl who sat beside him's name yet, "what did you say your name was, love?" He asked as he leaned in closer.

Amelia leaned in closer with a smile before speaking. "I didn't." Is all she said and Klaus realised that she wasn't going to say anything else as she leaned back and continued eating. Klaus let out a chuckle and Elijah just watched with caution.

"Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?" Klaus teased.

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier." Damon said as he playfully winked at Elijah. Amelia shook her head as she continued eating.