CHAPTER SIX

Tom's hand made a fist then it went across Mike's face. "That's what you get asshole." Tom spat at Mike, "Yeah, I know everything." He rubbed his hand then left.

I stood next to Mike, "Are you OK?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I deserved that." He sat at one of the tables and I went after Tom.

"Tom. Tom!" I yelled after him. I finally reached him at the door to his loft. "What the hell was that?"

"Wow, Annie, you're defending him? I didn't think you were that stupid. So, what you guys are back together?" He asked angrily.

"No! Of course we're not back together. I don't know what hurts me more the fact that you just called me stupid, or the thought that you'd think I'm stupid enough to get back with him." I was still shocked that he punched him. I turned and walked away from him.

"Annie!" He called after me. I didn't turn I just kept walking, then I heard a noise against the door, but I didn't turn.

As I was walking back towards Mike I saw that Noah had gotten him ice. "Thanks." Mike said.

"Lets go." I said. He stood and followed me out the door.

"Damn it, I didn't even get to look around." He smiled a little. "So, what are your plans tonight?"

"Um...I'm going out. Why?"

"Really?" He sounded surprised, but his face showed a little jealousy. "With who?"

"That is none of your business." I got off the car and walked towards the front door with Mike behind me.

"So, you're not gonna tell me?" He asked.

"You're not my boyfriend anymore. Who I go out with is none of your concern." I walked into my room and went straight to my closet. My phone was on my bed next to Mike who was laying down. It vibrated and I got it before Mike could look at it.

"Who is it?" Mike asked.

I didn't respond, I just read the message. It was from Matt asking for my address. I replied and continued getting ready.

"Well," I started, "as much as I want you to stay, its time you go." I pulled him by the hand and dragged him to the front door. "Goodbye, Mike." I shut the door in his face then sat on the couch waiting for Matt.

A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door. I rested my hand on the knob and took a deep breath then swung the door open.

He stood there, his short hair was pointing in all directions and his eyes looked more blue than the day before. "H-Hi." I heard nervousness in his voice.

"Hi."

I followed him to his car and he opened the door for me. "OK, I would have chosen a place, but I didn't know what types of places you like to go so, where would you like to go?" He said when we were in the car.

"Wherever you want. Take me somewhere you like to eat. A place where the food is good.."

"OK. I've got the perfect place." We drove through town for about fifteen minutes then he finally stopped in front of a restaurant. He hurried to my side and opened the door for me. "I know its not much, but it has meaning." He opened the door and I walked in.

It was a small restaurant kind of like a diner. We took a seat at a booth and a young woman came up to us with menus. She gave us the menus, "Good evening I'm Rose. I'll be your host tonight. I'll give you a minute to look over the menu." And she was gone.

"So, what's the story behind this place?" I asked, he said it had meaning.

"When I was young, I would come here with my family every Sunday after church. We still come every once in a while, but not much anymore." He never left my eyes and it was difficult for me to turn away.