CHAPTER TEN

I laughed, "That's a good one."

He looked serious, "I'm not joking."

I sat up quickly, "Please tell me this is a joke."

He stood and put on some clothes, he looked uncomfortable. He put on a shirt and boxer shorts, "I had this all planned out, now I don't know what to say." He walked back and forth in front of the bed.

"Say, this is all a joke, Annie." I said from the bed.

He stopped walking and stood in front of me, "This isn't how I planned it, I already had my speech together. Suddenly I'm all nervous." He started pacing again, "I had to tell you before it's too late." He stood in front of me again, "Ever since this past summer, I don't know what happened, suddenly I was falling for you. The more time I spent with you the more time I needed from you. Now I can't stop because each time I want more. Everyday I look forward to seeing you at night. You have no idea how...mad I was that you got to spend all day with Matt, while I was on the sidelines watching, waiting for my turn." He sat down, "When I noticed that you guys were getting serious, I started to get nervous, what if I had lost my shot? Have I lost my shot?" He stayed quiet for a moment, "Please, say something." He turned to look at me.

"W-W...Why did you wait so long?" I finally said.

"Because the feeling was new. I've never felt something for anyone. That night in your bedroom, when we almost had sex, cleared things a lot. That's when I knew I loved you. If I would have known from the very beginning I wouldn't have wasted a second." He sat across from me and stared at me without saying a word. He took my hands in both of his, "I don't know what I would do without you." His eyes started to get red.

That's when I knew he was telling the truth. I threw myself at him and wrapped my arms around his neck, I was laying on him, "You should have said something." I said, as a tear escaped.

"I know, I was stupid to wait." He wrapped his arms around my waist. He sat up, but didn't let me go. He pulled my legs so that they were wrapped around him, "Should we go to sleep?" he asked, "We're hiking in the morning, remember?"

I wiped my eyes, "Right." I moved away from him and sat under the covers. He sat beside me and reached for the lamp. "This changes things, you know?"

"I know." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to his chest.

I was surprised that he hadn't tried anything. It was strange I would have betted that he would have. I turned my head a little and I was able to see his neck. Slowly I got closer and kissed his neck.

"What are you doing?" He asked. He sounded surprised.

"I'm giving you what you want." I pulled myself up on my elbow and pressed my lips to his.

Slowly he turned until I was underneath him. He kneeled over me and took off his shirt. He pressed his lips back to mine. He put his hands on my hips and lifted my shirt and pulled it over my head then threw it on the floor. He pressed his lips to mine then pulled away.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" he asked, "I don't want you to do something you'll regret. I don't want you to do this because of me, but because you want to."

"I'm sure."

* * * * ~ ~ ~ ~ * * * * ~ ~ ~ ~ * * * *

I woke up face down, I turned my head and saw Tom sitting, leaning against the headboard.

There was a big smile on his face, "Good morning." He said.

I rolled onto my back, "Good morning." He leaned down and kissed me. "How long have you been up?"